The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Supracentral;1480733 said:
Fixed that for ya... Sorry, you people did it to yourselves, just as my fellow countrymen are trying to do it to themselves. You can only lose rights that you allow people to take from you. You had the means to defend your rights. You allowed someone to tell you that you had to hand it over, and you did.

... From my cold dead fingers, and I mean it ...

That's very true, although i can assure you i wasn't one of the ones voting for John Howard to make that decision and we all know the greater population ruled it. He seemed to jump at the chance when the Port Arthur massacre occurred as he obviously never saw the need for a semi automatic rifle or pistol due to growing up in an affluent environment in the city.

I just love the way a mentally unstable person manages to go nuts and shoot some people and that dictates what we can and can't have, You guys have kids go crazy in school shootings seemingly all the time and yet you still are allowed to keep one of the most basic yet sensible rights....for now at least.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
wiseco7mgt;1480897 said:
I just love the way a mentally unstable person manages to go nuts and shoot some people and that dictates what we can and can't have, You guys have kids go crazy in school shootings seemingly all the time and yet you still are allowed to keep one of the most basic yet sensible rights....for now at least.

However, do you notice a trend? Virginia Tech? Columbine? All of these shootings happen in "gun free zones". Lately we've had constant muggings of students at colleges. Why? Because criminals know people on college campuses are forced to be unarmed.

If guns are the problem, why don't these things happen at gun shows, rifle ranges, gun shops or at my house?

Moreover, look at the most violent places in this country. All of the places you are likely to be shot are places where it's damned near impossible to get a gun. However in Kennesaw, GA, where firearm ownership by homeowners is required by law there's little to no crime. Why is that? Can some liberal genius explain to me why when legal access to firearms is easy, violence and crime go down, you want to restrict that very access?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Supracentral;1480919 said:
If guns are the problem, why don't these things happen at gun shows, rifle ranges, gun shops or at my house?

Moreover, look at the most violent places in this country. All of the places you are likely to be shot are places where it's damned near impossible to get a gun. However in Kennesaw, GA, where firearm ownership by homeowners is required by law there's little to no crime. Why is that? Can some liberal genius explain to me why when legal access to firearms is easy, violence and crime go down, you want to restrict that very access?

I couldn't agree more.
Unfortunately even the most basic of rights such as the right to protect your own family has been taken away here in Australia, and any action toward an offender deemed unnecessary will end up with the victim being sued and the offender let off.

Recently a father held a football night at his home where many people turned to watch a game when one man decided to go molest one of the children in the home. The father caught him in the act and proceeded to do what all decent fathers should do and beat the living crap out of him.
He ended up doing more time for the bashing offense of the molester er because the judge decided that the crime of messing with a child was less than a so called vigilante bashing of a pedophile.

It makes me sick as a father of two kids that i'm not allowed a pistol beside my bed to protect the precious family i dearly love. The argument that the criminal will take the gun off me and only use it against me is utter rubbish and a cop out. I would bet my house on the fact also if they brought forward this law, that break and enters and home invasions which are becoming common place would drop dramatically.
I'm sick of hearing about home invasions where they target the elderly because they are an easy target. Put a .45 in the hand of a grandmother and give them a fighting chance and after a few incidents lets see if home invasions drop in occurrence.
Sorry if i'm fired up, I just hate the fact that do gooders have managed to take away what to me is such a basic right and replaced it with nothing more than a joke.

89Turbo7M

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
Having a hard time finding .22lr ammo in florida and on the internet looking for cci mini mag, cci stingers, cci velociter, remington golden bullet, federal bulk packs, remington viper. Anyone know where i can find any?

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
There is this guy I work with who'm is strongly liberal. He hates the idea of guns and feels there would be less murder without them. He also says the constitution only put the right to bear arms in it because at the time it was possible of invasion from other countries but now with the technnology countries have it should be deemed unnecessary. He is in love with obama. I tried telling him murder would still exist without firearms, there are many methods of murder but he just avoids my answers with questions far off subject. He tries to make points just with questions, it is the most irritating thing on the planet.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
mlddjb;1481252 said:
Having a hard time finding .22lr ammo in florida and on the internet looking for cci mini mag, cci stingers, cci velociter, remington golden bullet, federal bulk packs, remington viper. Anyone know where i can find any?

online if all else fails

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
supramk3speed;1481261 said:
There is this guy I work with who'm is strongly liberal. He hates the idea of guns and feels there would be less murder without them. He also says the constitution only put the right to bear arms in it because at the time it was possible of invasion from other countries but now with the technnology countries have it should be deemed unnecessary. He is in love with obama. I tried telling him murder would still exist without firearms, there are many methods of murder but he just avoids my answers with questions far off subject. He tries to make points just with questions, it is the most irritating thing on the planet.

Ask him how he feels about a bullet that if the largest bullet on Earth, in fact - ever made.

It's a very unique bullet. It can kill 4-24 people with one shot. You don't have to have a license, or a back ground check to buy it either.

Can you believe that?

Found one just the other day at my neighbors house. Thank God it hadn't killed any body yet!

And to think, my neighbor - HE'S ONLY FUCKING 16! What is a 16 year old doing with such a horrible, mass murdering, dangerous weapon?!?!??!

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
jdub;1479724 said:
I have an M1A...fully tricked (glass bedded, tuned trigger, etc, etc) with all USGI internals on a Springfield receiver and match grade Winchester barrel. That ammo should not have caused an extraction failure. Did the shells remain in the chamber or did they partially extract/jam against the bolt?

Is this a new(er) production M1A? If so, it likely does not have the USGI (M-14) extractor, spring, and buffer...get them. Also check the ops rod for clearance to the bolt, the gas piston/spring...clean the piston and cylinder. I have a Ti coated piston...it's a worthwhile upgrade.

I have a Leatherwood ARTS IV scope on my M1A....I ahve not personally used the SWFA SS scopes, but the reviews are good. Suggest this mount (ARMS #18):
http://www.armsmounts.com/default.asp?mode=products&sub=mounts&id=[hsh]18

This is a brand new unit from Springfield Armory. It was partially extracting and jamming against the bolt. It didn't happen every time, probably 1 out of 5 it did though..Had to wack the OP rod with a rubber mallet to get it to eject. I just took the gun down and cleaned everything I could aside from disassembling the bolt and removing the gas cylinder lock. I'll also be trying some different ammo next time I shoot. If the issue doesn't go away the next time I will probably start changing parts. Or give SA a call :3d_frown: Don't think a brand new gun should be doing this.

I was just looking at a Ti piston from Fulton Armory, looks like it would be a nice little upgrade. The A.R.M.S mount looks like a nice piece as well. I've seen the ones going for less than $50 but that doesn't seem to be a very worthwhile part to put on a gun like this.

Thanks for the info.

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
Just thought id make some civvie gun lovers jealous.........

p1483001_1.jpg

C6 General Purpose Machine Gun 7.62mm of FA belt fed glory. Picture taken 2007/10/08

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Picked up a new toy today :D

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Couldn't pass up the deal. Had these on clearance at work for $878 plus my 15% employee discount. We originally sold them for $1299..

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
88guy;1488902 said:
Extremly jealous of the 30round mags!!!!! We only get 5-10 round mags in canada :( Well for the civvys anyways :p

I suspect this will make you pass out then:

010406-046.jpg

100 round drum magazine. They are about $250 US.

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
WhtMa71;1488971 said:
You can't order 30 round mags and get them shipped from the US?

Having more then 10 rounds in a mag is WAY illegal. You cant even own a 30 round mag and only load 10 rounds. The reason behind the law is to try to make sure that the police can always have more fire power then the population or at the least out shoot them!!!!! Retarded law if you ask me.

As for the dualy there Central.........We can only dream about hardware like that! But meh if you cant do it one shot, dont do it at all!!! lol. But seriously my co-workers had to pick me up off the floor!!! :p haha

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
This isn't going to make anyone jealous, but it's my first gun since i was 10... and my first time shooting since then too. All from around 20-25 feet, not real far but it'll get better with more practice

Ross

Attachments

• chuckles 40cal.JPG
    chuckles 40cal.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 16
  • first two mags.JPG
    first two mags.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 15
  • new gun.JPG
    new gun.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 16
  • last 4 mags.JPG
    last 4 mags.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • twins.JPG
    twins.JPG
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 11

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
I went to gander mountain yesterday and held a m&p 45....

MP45Black.jpg

The feel of the gun is good for the most part, handle is a little big to what i'm used to...feels solid, trigger isn't too heavy, easy to rack the slide, and size of the pistol isn't that cumbersome. Anybody here daily carry one of these pieces? Any ftf or fte with this pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.