The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Wow is your mom really that fucking stupid? I'd expect that from a ten year old that has never been taught gun safety, but a grown women?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Cz.;1611310 said:
Wow is your mom really that fucking stupid? I'd expect that from a ten year old that has never been taught gun safety, but a grown women?

That comment is really uncalled for. Age has no bearing if a person has never handled a gun or understands how deadly a tool it is. It's a training/common sense issue, unfortunately one that is way too common now and days.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
It's gross negligence and ignorance, if it had been my mother who had done that I would have told her to point the gun at her head the next time she tried it. Luckly I have not lived with my parents for a very long time.

I agree with you that it's a common sense issue, but there's no nice way to approach what happened as far as I'm concerned.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
87mk111;1610019 said:
My mom found my Walther 380 today when she was going thru my stuff. She picked it up and pointed at the ceiling and pulled the trigger about 3 times. :2ar15: Good thing it wasnt loaded and the safety was on. I sat her down and gave her a short talk on what not to do with guns the instant u pick them up. On another, somewhat unrelated note, my girlfreind broke up with me :: wah :: so i wont be teaching her how to shoot anytime soon lol.

Any reason why your mom was going through your shit?

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
She's Paranoid. Ya know, the whole sex, drugs, and rock and roll thing. She used to be into Metal back in the 80's and was a big partier at the time :beer:. I guess because I listen to Metal now, she thinks I'm either a druggie or alcholic. But, I'm neither.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
So... I tackled the Glock 21 today. Much to my surprise, it was very manageable in a full size. My groupings were slightly larger than with the g19, g17 and g23 though, and my double tap wasn't all there. It sure did put some big holes in the zombie target though. I think that I will be going with the 23, but still want to try out the 27 and see what the difference is between the compact and the subcompact.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
i went to the range today and put 100 rounds thru my PK 380 and My dad's SIgma 40. I was able to get a good grouping out of both guns. I was really impressed with how comfortable the Walther was to shoot.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Just finished an AR-15:

Desert Digital CAR-15 01.jpg

Desert Digital CAR-15 02.jpg

Pretty pleased how it turned out.

Specs:
- Lothar-Walther stainless barrel, 1-8 twist polyangle rifled, Wylde chamber w/ pinned Surefire flash hider
- Vltor CASV-EL forestock. Bravo Company “Gunfighter” tactical charging handle
- MagPul ACS stock w/ CAR-15 XH buffer and MOE grip
- Insider of upper, bolt carrier, bolt, and hammer boron nitrite coated
- Upper, lower, flash hider, forestock and all controls coated with Cerekote H series in a digital camo pattern – Patriot Brown, Flat Dark Earth, and Desert Sand.
- PRI hooded front sight gas block, ARMS #40L-P rear sight
- Aimpoint ML3 2 mil red dot with ARMS #22M68 mount and desert brown cover

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Thanks! Yeah, you kinda have to - Cerekote has to be baked between applications for 15-20 min, then you add more stencils. First two passes were with male stencils, the last color was applied using female stencils...overall a PITA. The final heat treat is at 250 deg for 2 hrs...3 hrs at 200 deg on plastic. Once this stuff hardens it's pretty much bullet proof.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Nice parts with an even nicer paint job. I can imagine that a good digital camo job would be a pain. Is the next thing a "can" to go on that surefire flash hider?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Yay, local permit is available for pickup at the local PD. Going tomorrow and will be turning it into a full by the end of the day.

A local store by me is selling the g27 for $499, but my only gripe is that it does not have the grip extenders on it and that I would need to buy those, or a g23 mag and a sleeve. The other option in that size/cal is the XD40 sub compact. The same shop has the "LEO" package available for $530. The package comes with 3 (IIRC) extended mags that already have the sleeves on it and fit my hand better, a holster and a belt pouch for 2 mags. Unfortunately I have never shot an XD40, so I have no idea what to expect. Can anyone toss in their .02 on the xd?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Ahh, busy week. I got my permit on friday, only took 9 weeks. I went to the range and tried out the sub compact glocks (26 and 27) and do not like them at all. I found a gun that fits my hand perfectly, like it was made just for me. The ergonomics of it are excellent, but it is not a very well known brand. It is a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm. It turns out that it Stoeger is a subsidy of Beretta, and this is just a Beretta pistol being manufactured on Beretta tooling in Turkey under Stoeger. I am going to pick it up later this week. Anyone have any recommendation for a SOB holster?

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Anyone know anything about FNH's FNX-40? I'm torn between that and a Glock 23 for my next gun. It will most likely be my carry gun, so I'm thinking the Glock is more practical, but I'm still curious about the FNX.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
ret;1617300 said:
Anyone know anything about FNH's FNX-40? I'm torn between that and a Glock 23 for my next gun. It will most likely be my carry gun, so I'm thinking the Glock is more practical, but I'm still curious about the FNX.

Try going somewhere that has guns for rent and shoot it first. I had a glock 23, it fit well in my hand, but I hated shooting it. The .40 recoil along with the relatively light gun made it uncomfortable to shoot and I ended up selling it. I don't have any experience with the new FN pistols, but they do look pretty nice and offer full ambidextrous controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.