The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well there is only one reason I ever put an afm in my pipeing and that's for a bov venting and maybe blowing an ic pipe off but back in the day every time i blew a cupler it was the turbo side anyway

the ecu just likes it in front of the turbo poeple were trying it back in the day like the lexus guys were doing with the 1uzfe turbo setup's

89 ecu's I know they just don't like to be in the charge piping as for the 87 to 88 I am not sure

I under stand ya can muck with it with the e mange but it can only go so far once you start to really start to change stuff ie a bigger turbo and the ecu becomes to slow to sort out the changes it has to deal with

it good thing you keeping the stock cams so far thou that is big roller in ecu cals

got to remember this ecu is all 87 technology, take it this way

it's like stirring a bowl of alphagetti soup and trying to spell zoom in stead of boom

karamvortex afms are only so good

87 trubo ecu power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ1oTDavZl0

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
There is a lot more gain than venting the BOV and blowing a IC pipe... Everything I read is wrong in my eyes.

Don't worry, there will be more information available
When we are tuning :)

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Does megasquirt not have a map sensor option? Seems to me that simplifies alot or even use a GM speed density? I thought those are the best monitoring devices?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
When I go megasquirt I will be running a GM 3 bar map sensor, GM AIT sensor, and GM IACV. With speed density.

Just running this setup untill I swap in the TH350. That way I don't have to to build and run a micro squirt for the trans control on the A340

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Didn't do anything on the car today, Hopefully the coupler shows up tomorrow and I can continue finishing it up.

Finished up this Evo X at our shop though.

Manley Rods
JE Pistons
GSC cams
GSC valve springs/retainers
ID2200 Injectors
FP Black Turbo

Should be putting it up on the dyno for a tune tomorrow!

p1797531_1.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
for fun today opened up a karma box in this spare afm I had liking around found some intresting stuff

I gonna dig deeper but as of right now notice that if you put 25 pounds into your car 25 pounds of boost is in the black box

found out for some reson toyota add a hole in the temp prob my guess it's for altitude ????? and the box is sealed

gonna make thread about this i think

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Ryan, Your car is getting there! Just got everything for the motor back from the machine shop! Had to get a new crank for it as yours was out of spec and already ground. Everything will be all STD size Clevite's now. Got it all polished and balanced the whole rotating assembly. Bore and hone with a torque plate, Decked the block, Line honed the block as the mains were wearing really bad from the previous builder not line honing the block after installing the ARP mains. Head was decked, 5 angle valve job, Ported, 1mm oversize SS valves. The whole nine yards! Im hoping to have the car all done by the end of next week if everything goes as planned!

As for my car, I actually was able to drive it out of the shop and park it outside then pull it in during the day. The whole wiring harness was redone and almost every connector was replaced! Just waiting for the final few things to finish it up but it should be done and driving tomorrow night as saturday it will be up on the dyno for tuning!

BTW The Evo x I posted about earlier ended up doing 576 AWHP @ 30 psi. Definitely a fast car for how smooth and quiet it is!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
updates... Car is done other than the WOT tune. I've been driving it around, no leaks, everything is good.

Measuring amperage and dwell on stock Coils

p1803404_1.jpg

Short running video to keep the haters out.

[video=youtube;1Dew_uMC8Co]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dew_uMC8Co[/video]

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Nice.

Only thing I don't like is the AFM setup, it's not where you placed it, it's just the AFM in general. Yes, I know the AFM is more accurate and users can post all the info of how much more accurate an AFM system is than a MAP based one but it would just look neater. Besides, tuning has evolved so much of the couple of years, it's not a problem tuning any car on MAP.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Devin LeBlanc;1803404 said:
updates... Car is done other than the WOT tune. I've been driving it around, no leaks, everything is good.

Measuring amperage and dwell on stock Coils

p1803509_1.jpg

Short running video to keep the haters out.

[video=youtube;1Dew_uMC8Co]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dew_uMC8Co[/video]

Why wouldn't it run it's in vacuum if it didn't she would be lee busted and not work were ever no mater were it was :)
and since you are running e85 you will need bigger injectors any way to match the air flow compared to gas.

547cc gas vs 919cc for e85 fro 500 ish hp

and when it is dipping is when the o2 sensore is re feed inof to the stock ecu or slight knock

Last edited: