The Mistress

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I bought it from a member here, who bought it from another member. I *think* the original manufacturer was a place called... wait for it... Automotive Carpet. How inventive.

It fits pretty good, but it doesn't come with any holes cut. The ones for the seats aren't that big of a deal... however, it also doesn't come with anything cut for the transmission tunnel, and that was a PITA. It's also oversized by several inches, which is nice I guess, lets you trim to fit. However, given that, firstly, Toyota doesn't make one in black, and secondly, even if they did, it would cost $750+ instead of the $150 you can get these for from fleabay... well, I'll put up with it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Hoping you took the targa out to do all that work. Hell, I don't think I could pull the driver's seat out without taking the targa off without help (or injuring my back lol)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Poodles;1673755 said:
Hoping you took the targa out to do all that work. Hell, I don't think I could pull the driver's seat out without taking the targa off without help (or injuring my back lol)

DAMMIT. I've lived with a hardtop for so long, I constantly forget I can pull the roof for more room to work now.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I had never even thought about taking the top off...I always just folded the seat forward and propped my door wide open to get it out. And that b!tch is HEAVY, too.

Black carpet looks really sharp, though. Been thinking about replacing mine for a while, but I have other repairs to make now. Did you get a piece for the hatch area too?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
No hatch piece... I thought about getting one, but I'm only going to use the bit on the back of the seats anyway, the entire hatch area has to be custom to allow a battery box, meth tank & pump, circuit breakers, etc, etc.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
GrimJack;1673929 said:
No hatch piece... I thought about getting one, but I'm only going to use the bit on the back of the seats anyway, the entire hatch area has to be custom to allow a battery box, meth tank & pump, circuit breakers, etc, etc.

Nice work, really like the black carpet. Same here on the back, want to add a roll cage so any cover would have to be custom fit. The only thing I'm thinking about is some type of panel-cover for the rear tail lights to stop the reflection at night.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well, for a job that I figured would take an afternoon, this is now heading for the end of day three. Here's some more pics of the progress:

P1000754a.JPG

P1000755a.JPG

P1000756a.JPG

P1000757a.JPG

P1000758a.JPG

P1000759a.JPG

P1000761a.JPG

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Just finishing day 4. Probably at least one more day left... it's driveable now, so the pressure is finally off. The thing is, I have these new speakers, to go in the new speaker pods that KevinM put together for us. I've been waiting for the carpet because I didn't want to pull and reinstall the carpet more than once, and I have to pull it to run speaker wires properly. So, while I had it out, I ran triple RCA cables to the hatch through the passenger side sill, and wires from the hatch to each door. Now the problem with that is that I might as well pull the door panels and run the wires through the harness into the doors... and if I have the door panels off, I might as well mount the speakers... and so on, of course.

So, I have the carpet in except for the door sills and the kick panels are still off. And I have the passenger side door speakers mounted and the door re-assembled. Driver side door is on the plan for tomorrow. Should be less effort, I've already got a bunch of the prep work complete. These speakers needed some heavy modification, both of the speaker pods and some trimming of the actual door steel itself. And mounting the crossover was a PITA, too, the thing is freaking huge, and there's not a lot of spare space in the doors.

I'll try to get a picture or two of the door without the panel on tomorrow, but here's a picture of how the speaker mount turned out.

P1000762a.JPG

P1000762b.JPG

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I tried to order a carpet for my car but there are three different shades of blue. Mine is a 88 light Blue on blue but I don't know which blue the interior is.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Some more pictures of the driver side door - which proved to be a bit tougher than expected, of course. Not as much room inside this door. Unfortunately, after finally getting both speakers hooked up, then installing an amp to test them with, I find that the passenger side woofer isn't working. So, tomorrow I get to tear that door back apart, I guess. Dammit.

Anyway, on to the pics.

P1000764a.JPG

P1000765a.JPG

P1000766a.JPG

P1000767a.JPG

P1000768a.JPG

P1000769a.JPG

P1000770a.JPG

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
GrimJack;1676001 said:
Fixed the broken speaker. Of all things I didn't expect... turns out there was a fault in the speaker itself. Broken lead on the positive side. Easy to fix, once I *found* it.

Nice to hear you got it fixed.