The Hot Rod Power Tour, Supra Powered Maverick

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
I like the Cougar tails the best also, they remind me of a Shelby.

Bryan, thanks for the link. The guys building this are the two guys that I mentioned to you had fabrication shops here that can never find good help. All you need to do is pack a suitcase. :biglaugh: Yeah, if only it were that easy. Can't wait to see you in Houston.

Yes sir, older, but no where near as grumpy!

Cryo, Spectre Performance is supplying all of the parts and paying for the build. I'm sure that they will have other venders sponsor parts as well, as it will be one of the lead cars on the Power Tour. They are also paying for all of the expenses for my wife and I to drive it on the Power Tour as my prize. Unfortunately, after the Tour, they take it back to L.A.

Sawbladz, I hear ya' man, loud and clear.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I like this:

113_67119_Large_Driving_Impressions+1972_Ford_Maverick_Grabber+Art_Drawn_View.jpg

It's almost identical to what I planned on doing with Laura's, as soon as I find another one ;)

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
NO WING!!! OMG, NO WING!! Please, anything other than that...please?? LOL.

Okay, my rational thoughts, now. Just keep in mind, I'm not offering any mechanical suggestions here...I'll leave that to the people who know what they are talking about. :)

I'm finding I'm not really liking the Cougar or MKIV, but between the 2, I'd go with the MKIV. I like the stock tail lights myself, are there maybe some other options available for you, or that you would be willing to look into?

The splitter looks good, so long as it goes with the color scheme of the car, obviously (see below image). I'm very picky. I like to see cars stay along the original lines...I've found a few that just made me cream myself, thought I'd post them here for you.

**I'm trying to find a replacement for my first car, which was a 1974 Maverick. I miss it something fierce.....although we may have just found one for sale about 60 miles from here, yay!!**

Attachments

• maverick1.jpg
    maverick1.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 53
  • maverick2.jpg
    maverick2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 66
  • mavsplitter.jpg
    mavsplitter.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 59
  • maverick3.jpg
    maverick3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 41

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Congrats Lance! My whole family voted for you! Why not the v160 tranny? Why only 500hp? Would kill all the HOT ROD readers to see a 3.0L 1000hp Maverick

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks Rich,
I haven't been able to locate a V-160, not for less than $3,500 anyways.
As far as the HP numbers, 500 should be plenty in that little car, plus it can always get bumped up. The main thing is a nice all around street car that can be driven across the country.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Rajunz - Not sure if you are interested, or if you already know, but the guys *and girls* at this forum are really helpful: www.mmb.maverick.to

When I was doing some minor restoration work on my original Maverick, they were more than willing to help out and offer advice. I know you are doing the Supra engine and mechanics, but they might be able to offer some suggestions for the rest of it. Hope it helps!! :)

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Rajunz;924423 said:
Thanks so much. I have been talking to a few people from that site, they are all really cool and very helpful. I'm sure as time goes on there will be lots of questions for them.

You're welcome. :) I just got back on there today, I finally got my project Maverick I've been waiting 4 years for. Time for me to have a play toy now!! :D

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Doward's concept scetch is great, the body mods are near perfect, and I'd like to see the rear tire tucked a bit like that to get the car off it's nose.

Not the color, but the rest is great.

Big brakes that can be seen through the wheels, That spoiler or maybe do something fun...see how a pre-89 MKIII spoiler fits on it...

I can locate an R154 for you if needed, I know where to get em around here...

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Yes Sean, please find me an R-154, still need a good one, with a shifter. We have Baer Big Brake kit for the car, so that will look cool. Got to find the right looking wheels to go with them, I want a billet wheel.

As far as the color, only time will tell what we can do about that. Need to have a perfect running car before anything else. The paint on the car is really nice, just not the most wonderful shade of blue.

I am still working on sketches for the spoilers, etc. I'll keep posting them as I complete them. I really like the sketches that Doward posted, that car has the perfect look.

This is the latest car built for Spectre Performance, on the "Hard Shine" TV show, that's the look that they would like for all of their shop cars! This is the caliber of car that will be built for the Maverick, I'm sorry if my sketches don't actually portray the final product.
p927128_1.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Lance: I know of a salvage yard around here that has quite a few supras, and last I looked they had some R154's sitting there.

Honestly I'd have one rebuilt, and I'd have Marlin Crawler do it if possible.

Shifter? Why not just get a nice C's shifter? Depends on what's all in the budget for all of this...

Still think you should try mounting a pre-89 MKIII rear wing on it...

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Been busy as all hell trying to get all of the pieces of this puzzle in on place.
The Maverick showed up Monday, loaded with parts, and more shipping daily.
Baer 13" full race brake kit, Momo racing seats all shipped with the car.

I'm going to pull the instrument cluster this Saturday and build an aluminum dash panel. Then I'll take the panel home and with it, the MKIV wiring harness and these goodies I should be able to build a nice dash all wired into the wiring harness.

p938767_1.jpg

p938767_2.jpg

Stereo components that shipped in the car.
p938767_3.jpg

p938767_4.jpg

p938767_5.jpg

Engines that are shipping:

p938767_6.jpg

Lots of pics here, enjoy and keep checking back for updates.
-Lance

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/rajunz/maverick/2jz/