***The Grey Supras Thread***

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
NashMan;1821448 said:
mr hasselhoff wants his shit back..... how dare you steal shit off night rider lol

LOL!

Gave my Supe a bath today and took some more pix....

p1826402_1.jpg

p1826402_2.jpg

p1826402_3.jpg

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
It IS.... and it isn't. Exactly....

The bumpers are actually faded badly which tends to throw people off on the rest of the color. The paint used in the louvers is actually NAPA based with the true matching color code of the Supra for that year, BUT there is a large amount of METAL FLAKE in it (for some unknown reason it was the only was to get that particular color...). The metal flake also throws off the look of the color depending on how the light hits it, making it look either brighter or darker from the rest of the car.

Of course, as nice as that paint looks, I forsee doing the entire car that gunmetal color with the flakes in it. Its really sweet up close and personal.

And as far as rear louvers are concerned, yes they WOULD look good, but they are exceptionally heavy on the glass. That's why a good sunvisor would set those off perfectly and not be so weighty.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Wow, I didn't think any one actually did that...Looks pretty good, like you said though, they should be black.

On the other hand though, I feel like if yours were color matched, it would still look awesome.

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Ive never seen window flares (If that's the actual name of them) on the MKIII but i must say not a fan of them especially on the white car... Looks like roof schingles gone wrong

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
ugh, makes the car look really 1980s. Some might say that's appropriate given that the A70 was released in 1986, however I love the shape because it's timeless.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
They look much better in black with the sunvisor though. Here are some pics of a Euro guy that had them on his (think his name was "Ozzsupra" or something like that...). It's where I got the idea to get them....

Ozzsupra.jpg

Ozzsupra2.jpg

Last edited: