The Black Widow mk3

HorchataKing

May 5, 2011
Monterey, CA
Hey all, just a quick post of my now almost completed build. Hopefully 2 more weeks, than on the road for the first in 4 years for this supra. I bought the car dead with a BHG, rat damage, spiders everywhere. First thing I saw when I popped the hood was 3 Black widows hanging out on the P/S pump and intake pipe, so the name comes from there. Head has been rebuilt, turbo was rebuilt, paint and interior to come. I will be updating this hopefully once a week after this.

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 113
  • iPhone 186.jpg
    iPhone 186.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 107
  • iPhone 178.jpg
    iPhone 178.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 114

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Nice start so far. Scary about the black widows o.o And for the rebuilt turbo, did you up the internals? Or just do a stock rebuild? Anything done to the head?

HorchataKing

May 5, 2011
Monterey, CA
So finally time for an update. As for the turbo, yes it has the 57trim from DM. 1mm OS valves, full 3" exhaust. On the down side, she won't run. She revs fine but idling is impossible. More updates when I get it going.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Good looking start and good luck! I love buying cars when they're dirty and cleaning the hell out of them to see what lies beneath. My white turbo was sooooo dirty when I got it and it cleaned up amazingly well.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I feel your mixed joy and pain. I started my recently acquired Supra for the first time in 3+ years last week, which was awesome, but it had a leak at the neck too. Only when it gets up to operating temperature. I had a sizable leak in the same area when I first put coolant in the car, but that was just a lost and forgotten crush washer.

Engine bay looks pretty good, but it looks to me like you need a set of MSD plug wires to match the theme you've got going on!

Still shocks me looking at how much stuff is packed into our engine bays. lol

HorchataKing

May 5, 2011
Monterey, CA
So school is finally starting up again, and this semester I should be dropping my motor in and swapping the a340e out for my r154 (freshly built). Will be updating this many times over the next few months as it gets going.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
If you listen to your video, you can hear the rod knock on the first start.
Right around the first time it revs.
Sorry to hear that you had to do so much more work to it, but it'll be even better now, when you're done.

PS- What pistons are those?

HorchataKing

May 5, 2011
Monterey, CA
The r154 is a stock rebuild with the MC thrust washer. Otherwise I left it alone and just replaced the synchros and bearings. The pistons are JE 83.5mm pistons. 292gram aluminum forged.