***The Black Supras Thread***

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
steveo;1493072 said:
I love those rims and that interior.

Thanks steveo, actually going to delete the yellow this time. I posted a few pics in my build thread showing the panels in black ultra suede w/ a CF arm rest that's going in, in place of the yellow one.
The wheels are OZ Superleggera? 18"x8", unfortunately I think they will be way to narrow for my car in this phase. I plan on selling them if they don't fit on my wife's Lexus.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
steveo;1493633 said:
Need a wider rim for more traction do to more power I am assuming?

Exactly, the car was making 297 RWHP before this build and I could easily spin the tires in 3rd. I could end up doubling the HP now, so I'm looking to use a 10"-10 1/2" in the rear and 9" in the front. Even with that set up traction will be a problem, as IJ said "just a wider patch of rubber laid down".
The only real way to make the HP more usable would be to add traction control. If funds permit, I'm thinking about adding that and replacing the
AEM EMS w/ MoTeC to control it. Hopefully that could happen next winter,
depends entirely on the economy and the "play" $$$$ that I might have available. Right now I just want to get this phase done.

sai_supra1jz

Eat. Sleep. Boost.
Sep 12, 2008
CenCal, Ca
Here's mine as of now. It's gonna get a repaint soon, and staying black.

p1525483_1.jpg

p1525483_2.jpg

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
SupraOfDoom;448227 said:
Black is best... well tied with my color purple :)

i have to agree.... my stolen supra was about to be painted a custom mixed version of harley black... but theft occurred

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

SWD Fredester 3;1493650 said:
The only real way to make the HP more usable would be to add traction control. If funds permit, I'm thinking about adding that and replacing the
AEM EMS w/ MoTeC to control it. Hopefully that could happen next winter,
depends entirely on the economy and the "play" $$$$ that I might have available. Right now I just want to get this phase done.

you're forgetting you already have traction control.... it's your right foot ;-)

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Thought I'd add my 1991 to the mix. This car was super red and an auto when I bought it. I was tired of trying to find a black '91 or '92 near me, so I made my own version. First picture was taken last week, paint is over 6 years old. Car has a complete front poly bushings, full 3 inch downpipe and exhaust, shine "H" front lip, stock '91 rims that are chrome powdercoated and caps chrome plated. Next up is black leather to complete the look of what I was trying to find.

20102.pg

oct1.jpg

oct5.jpg

oct6.jpg

CWD
Idaho, USA

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Damn man looks beautiful. I got the same lip and was thinkin about orderin that piece also, but I was tryin to figure out if i wanted the fiberglass or cf

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
:1zhelp:
CajunKenny;1543726 said:
I just finished my rebuild. Here's a current Engine Bay

This is not the engine bay pic thread. Where is the pic of the car?

Very nice car, kcheng.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
rodel;1543805 said:
:1zhelp:

This is not the engine bay pic thread. Where is the pic of the car?

Fair enough. I added a pic to the engine bay post and threw in another one just for you! :D

p1543841_1.jpg