The Automotive Express non supra build. 67 Continental!

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
pretty car. 462 is nice and all.......but im thinkin a poked and stroked 460ci would do the trick- should easily put u over the 500ci mark. cage-it, tub-it, then u got yourself a cruiser. duane?? nate?? supra?? they got nothin on that lincoln!!

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
supra_ed said:
pretty car. 462 is nice and all.......but im thinkin a poked and stroked 460ci would do the trick- should easily put u over the 500ci mark. cage-it, tub-it, then u got yourself a cruiser. duane?? nate?? supra?? they got nothin on that lincoln!!

lol it would be fun, but in my mind it's a cruiser. its 345 hp and 465 ft pounds of torque stock.
I think if I refreshed the engine with new pistons and rings with a port and polish job on the heads and intake, 400 hp and 500 ft pounds wouldent be impossible. I guess if I rebuilt my motor I'd also have a custom camshaft made. then it might move a bit. Its still 5500 pounds so it will never be really fast...

but it will look DAMN sexy doin it.

I'm currently stripping paint off the air cleaner.

And a dash pic for those who requested it!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
No Supra build up = off topic

Nice car and one of my favs. You get that from mom? :sarcasm:

supra_ed said:

Does a house count.. ;)

Duane

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I'll try to get more photo's. the car takes up the whole garage so it's hard to get photo's that are good.

Right now im contemplating taking off the PS pump and resealing that.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
So today I started taking appart the front of the engine.

I figure if it still has the orginal plastic timing gear right about now is the time to replace it. I took off the air pump, belts, radiator surge tank and fan shroud today. I wanted to take off the water pump tonight, but i didnt want to drain the radiator all the way tonight.

Tomarow morning ill drain the rest of the radiator, and get the pump off.

Im going to try to tackle the crank pulley tomarow as well. I still need to order a gasket set for the car.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
So the front of the engine is rather dirty...
Notice the double pulley on the alternator. im guessing this is a reliability function.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

simple green will be my friend.

And this is how the garage looks now. The other lincoln is the lady im renting from's car.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
gtsfirefighter said:
Holy crap that's dirty. Have you thought about just pulling the engine and having it rebuilt? Then you can work on the rest of the bay. Which ever way you go good luck.
no way. while the engine is a little tired i cant afford to, nor have the space to rebuild it.

Il resealing the front end then gonna drive it.

maybe next year for a rebuild.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
While working on the lincoln, I noticed just how bad the bushings on the suspension were. My strut rod mounts were soaked in oil, and my sway bar endlinks were chewed to bits. The bolts for the endlinks were actualy BENT one one side! Neither part is exceptionaly hard to remove, and replacing these bushings will really help your cars stability. I do eventualy plan on replacing the control arm bushings as well, and the shock absorber mounts. Probibly also the front sway bar mounts.

I used Energy Suspension bushings part number
9.8117G
And
4.7118G
(if your going to order these, make sure you use the "G" at the end. Otherwise you get red bushings which will stick out like a sore thumb)

Total cost was about 30 bucks. I know these car's arnt great handling cars but new polyurethane bushings can help allot! Plus they are impervious to oil!

Before!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Now! Much better!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the bolts bend no matter what you do... it's the design

simple green is a shitty degreaser, buy a true engine degreaser in a can...

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Just got done painting the engine fan. Used grey primer and this

sm_photo_missing.jpg

now it's not rusty, and looks like this!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

much better.

Last edited:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Trying to get off the rear armrest, since the handle is missing for some reason. I need some help so I posted on the lincoln forum.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
IIRC you have to pull off the wood looking panel. There's 2-3 screws that hold the armrest on behind it. Since you took off the bottom bolts, it should pop out of the clips now. I haven't taken apart the rears, but my front was already broke so I had messed with that one to see what I had to do to fix it.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
well I started taking off the bumper last night. I need the bumper and front grill off so i can paint the bumper suports with POR15, which I still havent ordered. Im also looking to get better access to the woodruff key which still hasnt budged.

This restoration/clean up thing is waterfalling. take off the bumpers to get better access, why not paint? why not have my front grill rechromed? why not have my bumpers redone? why not put in Hella e-code headlights?

damn it.

Im going to be broke