The 7mgte Bolt-On Turbo Catalog

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
All that had been discussed is that your turbine housing is Turbonetics. Your center section is not based on the type of oil feed lines yours uses and the compressor cover is clearly not Turbonetics either.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Does anyone know what size the turbine housings are on the Boss Lipp Jr Vs Sr? I found a comment that states .83 for Sr and .58 Jr? Wounder if these are correct?

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I’m not sure why they never list AR’s. Other than an old Turbontics catalog I came across, I’ve yet to see any specifics. I do know the two most common I have come across are .63 and .81.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
I’m not sure why they never list AR’s. Other than an old Turbontics catalog I came across, I’ve yet to see any specifics. I do know the two most common I have come across are .63 and .81.

Oh nice can you take a pic of the catalog in regards to the bolt on turbos and post it? I would love to see it! I wounder which AR mine is? I was not able to see it but it looks like the .63 Turbo A size?

Do you know which AR is your HI-FI turbo?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Pretty sure mine's running the .68 turbine housing.

Can't find the Turbonetics catalog anymore. I came across it a few years ago online.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Hmm, interesting. I'm going for 500 WHP and need to decide on a turbo. I hadn't heard of these. Integrated BOV and Boost control solenoid? I've never heard of such a thing!

The 6262 from Sound Performance is what I'm eyeing as of now. I'm having a hard time finding a better value anywhere else.

The Sound Performance Percussion 6262 turbo is what I am running and it pulls very hard. I did have to reshape the front manifold heat shield a tad bit (so it does not rub on the intake side of the compressor housing) and cut a V shape in the top of the rear heat shield (for the top oil feed line to fit /watch out for asbestos if you cut into it). Once I dropped in some BC 264 cams, it made such a amazing difference with those as well but I have not even put that turbo past 12 psi yet.

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
I have a Turbonetics Bolt on, second, third, fourth hand(who knows). I've done some research and found that its a F1-62 turbonetics turbine in a non branded CT26 turbine housing(standard 6 bolt to the center section), turbonetics standard shaft journal center with a GT63/T04R 63 Trim Compressor. I only have the "T" Logo on the center section and a .60 A/R on the compressor housing. Isn't that a HKS Wheel? It did have a 360deg thrust washer, I'm unsure if that's what Turbonetics did or if someone else had been in there. Maybe I have a Frankenstein turbo? Does that sound right for a Turbonetics Bolt on? Would anyone know what the A/R is of the turbine housing?

These are old pics from the previous owner
Side By Side.jpg
T Logo.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
As far as I know, a complete Turbonetics Bolt-On will have their "T" logo on the center section and turbine housing. Compressor covers have "Turbonetics" cast into the front. Anything else is likely a Frankenstein of some sort from multiple manufacturers. These turbos are old, things break, parts get hard to find. So people piece them together as they can. When I last sent my HiFi in for rebuild, they said the bearing housing was gouged and Turbonetics no longer offered a wet center section, so mine now has a Turbonetics oil cooled only center section. If that wasn't available, I would have used whatever center section would have fit, regardless of brand.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
The Sound Performance Percussion 6262 turbo is what I am running and it pulls very hard. I did have to reshape the front manifold heat shield a tad bit (so it does not rub on the intake side of the compressor housing) and cut a V shape in the top of the rear heat shield (for the top oil feed line to fit /watch out for asbestos if you cut into it). Once I dropped in some BC 264 cams, it made such a amazing difference with those as well but I have not even put that turbo past 12 psi yet.

Nice to hear about it! I saw one make 560ish wheel on youtube. Is yours ball bearing? What year did you get it? They come in .63 AR on the SP bolt ons

Last edited:

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Nice to hear about it! I saw one make 560ish wheel on youtube. Is yours ball bearing? What year did you get it? They come in .63 AR on the SP bolt ons

That video from Alex was a huge inspiration for my build. His build was on stock cams/bottom end so I cant wait when I take it to SP to get it tuned on e85 w/264 cams.

I got this turbo earlier this year and it just a journal bearing. I have not pushed that turbo because I am just breaking in the built motor.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Oh yea I loved seeing Alex's car vid as well! You may hit 600whp if everything is tight and tuned! You may need to extrude hone the exhaust manifold to do it easily. I plan to because it is not possible to reach all the areas and make it uniform.

Can't wait to see your vid from SP!