Test drive and have grinding noise ?

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
well she is all back together, and as usual..something else is up now. I got the power steering pump whine-noise. Idk I got the lines hooked up right.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
If the level is considerably low, it will make noise. Follow the TSRM for the fluid install. I had a bit of trouble with that on my last engine overhaul.

BTW: Where you from? I'm from Chalmette!

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I now need a pic of what the ecu and abs modules look like installed with the glove box down. I cant seem to remember how it goes other than the ecu goes on the left. I looked in the tsrm for a pic but no luck.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
well fluid is in, and it leaked all out. I know that valve is 300+ bucks, which is just money I don't have. I am really irritated because there is a car show Sunday that I was going to enter in, and once again, I can't. I think it's time to part with her and cut my ties. It kills me to keep looking at her and I can't do anything about it.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What valve? The power steering up valve? Just get a bolt that is shorter, put a copper washer on it and screw it in the same hole where the valve came out of. The only thing is, when parking, you will have to give it more gas not to stall since that is the idle up valve.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Yea the idle-up valve. That's not a bad idea. When I first got the car, the idle-up wasnt even hooked up anyway. I'm gonna check it out and see what I can do.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
If that simple problems makes you want to sell your car, take a look at my build thread. It took my two hours to bolt a manifold to my 1JZ because of fitment problems.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
ok update. Got new battery terminals on and finally she starts without jumping her off. So I went for a drive.... I get about 5 miles from the house and the theft deterrent triggers. Headlights come on and horns go off...WTF ???? I pulled over and disconnected the horn at the firewall and pulled the fuse on the others, then drive home. What the hell is going on ?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Theft deterrent is going bad. Not an issue, there is a write up to disable it.

What parts will you need to buy? How many more problems are remaining with the car?