Tearlessj's SLOW Build. Lots of Pics.

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
suprarx7nut said:
Shit, I thought i was young at 20. Thats some incredible work for a 15 year old. K

eep up the good work and dont drive crazy like every other teen with a supra I've seen.

Thanks for the comments and advice.

I was bored and havnt touched the car cause its like 20 degress outside. I did however manage to clear up the signals a little bit and going to finish my bumper tommorow. Also snapped better pics of the car.

p501637_1.jpg

p501637_2.jpg

p501637_3.jpg

Too bad the wheels are coming off. :biglaugh: btw Craftsman Jacks SUCK.

mk3ftMFw

Mini Toon Burnout!! FTW!!
Jan 24, 2007
Cincy
ive been doing some research on "the 50 dollar paint job". It all started in some mopar forum. It really does work, ive heard nothing but great results from everyone thats tried it. As for the paint fading, the guy that brought it up on the mopar forums repainted the bumper of his orange VW he did four years prior and it was still a perfect match.

I'm gonna do it too as soon as i figure out all the sanding.

SOOO.. you did 6 coats how did you sand between each one?

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
theKnifeArtist said:
what kind of wheels are those? the front ones. they look really good polished up in contrast to the black paint
They are Enkei RP-01's I believe. Selling them for $775. =] They're too thin for me.

I THINK I did 6 coats. Not sure, just wet sand in between. :icon_bigg

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
redmkiii said:
Nice blue sandels in the last pic.

J/K man nice work!
Thanks, I also have a asian market in my garage, with the movie rentals and all. Note the rice bag and some movies in the last pic.

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
great job! lots of patience at such a young age! dont sell the car, i had a supra at 15 for a first car and did what typical teens do, drove it till i screwed it up and got rid of it. about 10+ cars and years later i realized it was the car i really wanted. now i have a supra again. actually know what to do with it. im lovin it! once again great job!

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
i was thinking, instead of doing the whole car with one coat then wetsanding it then another, couldnt u do a single panel or section, flash, then another coat, flash, etc. until u get the desired amount of coats. once the whole car is complete, just wetsand it. as long as u have enough paint it should come out fine. what do u guys think?

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
Im not sure, but I have heard of a guy who skipped the 400 grit and said there was some orange peel that could have been avoid. On the other hand i have seen a AE86 that was not sanded til the final coat was on. I would sand after each coat just to be safe.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Put the bumper back on? How does it look? Also, do you know if you can mix the rustoleum paint colors? I'm planning on doing this but I don't really see a paint I like.

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
Just to update, I ended up selling the car the car to D34DC311. Good to know its a fellow SM member. I will be back to the MKIII scene!!! Now I am driving a Sr20 240sx.