TB and ISC coolant hoses question

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
Where does the coolant come from that goes to the ISC and the TB? I know it returns threw the metal line that is on the block, but where does it originate from? It seems like their was a hose barb cast into the lower intake manifold at the head that looked like it had deposits on it from coolant. Is that the source?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
p1439082_1.gif

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
the barbed fitting should be for the coolant hose that runs up into the isc, atleast mine is. Its towards the front of the lower intake near the fuel vsv.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Look at the arrows dude. The arrows show coolant flow. ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Please do some research and actually know what you're doing before deleting that stuff. It's there for a purpose. I'll even give you a hint: it doesn't need to be freezing outside for your throttlebody to freeze. ;)

Search posts by jdub, there was a discussion about this recently.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
shaeff;1440001 said:
Please do some research and actually know what you're doing before deleting that stuff. It's there for a purpose. I'll even give you a hint: it doesn't need to be freezing outside for your throttlebody to freeze. ;)

Search posts by jdub, there was a discussion about this recently.

Yeah I know But I live in South Texas

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
As stated by many users on multiple posts, if it came with it it usually means its there for a reason. Egr, charcoal canister and so on. They would not put cooling lines for these components if they were not necessary.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
NTRA08;1440004 said:
Yeah I know But I live in South Texas

I don't care where you live. Please read:
jdub said:
Keep something in mind...intake icing is most likely between 0-10 deg C (32-50 deg F) with humidity above 70% and/or visible moisture (rain, fog etc) present.
It doesn't have to be winter weather for it to happen.
Reference:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1432468&postcount=4

And:
jdub said:
Here's a chart that shows when intake icing is most likely...yes, it's an aircraft engine, carburetor icing chart. Works exactly the same for an earth bound motor with a TB though:

Carb Icing Chart.gif

If you live in a climate where the humidity/temp conditions are in the orange, green, or blue bands you might want to keep the coolant hoses...definitely in the blue or green. Like I said, it does not have to be freezing outside or freezing precipitation (snow, sleet, etc) for intake icing to form. For example, at +20 deg C OAT, +10 deg C dewpoint (~50% humidity) puts the engine well in the green zone for moderate icing at cruise (steady state RPM) and serious icing at idle RPM.

hvyman;1344055 said:
bypass that shit

You do not want to "bypass that shit" without thinking about it. The good news is all that will happen is the engine will run like crap and perhaps strand you on the roadside for a bit till the ice melts...while you scratch your head and blame it on "the crappy 7M". Different story on an airplane...there's been a lot of smoking holes from this happening to airplane engines.
Reference: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1344227&postcount=5

According to weather.com, it's 55* in Conroe, TX right now. Drop that another 5* with the right weather conditions, and you're vulnerable.

Like I said, I don't care where you live. ;)