Targa top!!!

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
I was wondering if my supra was suppose to "shake" when driving down the road at low speeds such as 35-45 mph, it is even more noticeable on bumpier roads (we have alot of chip seal roads in western WA.). This happens only when the targa top is off.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That wobble is because you took of the top structure of the car, It shouldnt be super crazy tho.

Id start by checking the torque of the subframe bolts.

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
i didnt think it was super crazy lol although it did sound like my windshield was rattling and today was the first day i have ever driven a supra with the targa top off. IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!! chicks go crazy for these cars! my supra has scored me several phone numbers from the ladysss!!! i will definitely go check the tq. on those subframe bolts just to be sure though thanks for the input hvyman

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
be careful, pussy will get thrown at you from every-which-way once the top comes off..

rule of thumb: when your top comes off, their tops come off..

but anyway, make sure you torque down your subframe bolts..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Get new seals from toyota and if there is fipg in the tracks clean it off. Use something like tar strips or silicone at the corner of the front seals only to raise it up and make a tighter seal.

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
Thanks for the help guys! my subframe bolts were a little loose :( lol and i took the targa top off and cleaned all the rubber surfaces and then rubbed in a good amount of sewing machine oil and shes a brand new car!!!! i ended up going out to get a burger last night and one of the girls working at the burger stand was just sitting there staring at the supra daydreaming so i asked her if she wanted to go for a ride and BOOM off to the beach with the top off and shortly after her top was off!!! rock on fellow supra brethren!!!!!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^I agree with late night cruising. During the day when the suns out not so much. unless its like a comfortable 69* out.

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
so would the lesson learned from this thread be "if the targa's off during the day make sure you sunblock so that sunburn don't c**kblock"