Tanabe or blitz?

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
hey guess, ive been trying to decide which cat back system should i get. i want an nice sound but not too loud. i'm leaning towards more to the blitz nur spec. any advice would be great. sorry if this is a repost

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
IMO, the Tanabe sounds great and is really quiet, which is what I like about it, but it's up to you and what you think is "quiet" and what you think is "loud".

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Tanabe SHM FTMFW
They look really good on our cars. I think its because of the old school look of the muffler and design itself. If GReddy still made the SP i wouldve bought that one, but the SP and Tanabe look pretty much alike, so enough of me talking get the Tanabe!

Amtrack

Apr 5, 2006
Germany
Rennat;942475 said:
how loud is the blitz compared to the RSR? if its quieter, then i'll be happy. lol

Mounted on a stock Supra the Blitz is FAR louder than the Invidia RS*R.

The Tanabe SHM is a very quiet exhaust as long as you don`t press the pedal to the metal.
Under WOT the Tanabe sounds very sporty and not so quiet but nevertheless way more quiet than the Blitz.

But all will change if you install other parts like a Downpipe or a huge Turbo, but even then the Tanabe is more quiet than a Blitz. (If you idle the car with the Blitz you can feel the vibration in your lung! Just to give you an example of how loud a Blitz is in reality)

Amtrack

Apr 5, 2006
Germany
MK_rider;943118 said:
thanks guys....this really helped me out.any chance there is a sound clip of both catbacks?

This one is my Tanabe and my Supra (just ignore the stupid comments from my buddies):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M-3XxHPHnHU

you can browse my vids too, I have 2 or 3 files online regarding the Tanabe.

I do have a Blitz Video too on my HD, just idling and you can already hear that thing is LOUD. Unforunately I´m not at home right now. But it should be no problem to find a Blitz File on youtube.

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
have you guys ever heard of the tanabe racing medallion? i was wondering what the difference from the hyper and the racing.

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
MK_rider;942370 said:
hey guess, ive been trying to decide which cat back system should i get. i want an nice sound but not too loud. i'm leaning towards more to the blitz nur spec. any advice would be great. sorry if this is a repost

the blitz is one of the loudest you can get

zigspeed10

Apr 7, 2007
ohio
I have the tanabe and really like it. I would say it's more on the quiet side but still louder than the stocker for sure. I can't compare to other catbacks as far as build quality but the tanabe is built solid.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
can you two both make videos? you have NO idea how hard is it to find videos of the blitz exhaust, so far the one i found was from 935, and it was like 10 seconds long... which is hardly good enough for me.