Taking out dashboard

Chris86.5

Oct 5, 2006
Leduc AB
on a scale of 1-10 10 being hardest

how hard is it to take the dash out and put it back in. because i want to but the sound deadener all over. just wondering if it would be worth the trouble of taking out the dashboard

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
It wasnt hard just takes time and its one of those things as said, the first time sucks after that you know how its stuck in there. Also the few screws/bolts hiding make it frustrating if you dont know where to looks. Sucks when the 20 year old plastic clips break too...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hmm, like you trying to make the sound of the engine not enter the car? Or so no one hears your music on the outside? I'm lost.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I'm too lazy to pull the dash out, so I'm getting another one to do all the work to outside the car, that way I can just swap them over when I can finally be bothered

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Regarding what the sound deadener does, it stops some of the external noises from entering, much like sound deadener anywhere else in the car. It doubles though to keep sounds from "escaping". It's basically sound insulation.

Edit: Also regarding the dash, I wouldn't take it out for the soul purpose of sound deadener unless it's warm where u live and u have a day to kill, like a weekend day. This is assumng you have nothing better or more important to do.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
And about the deadener....if you remove the dash, you won't have much place to put it on anyways :) You'd have to remove the wires/core/AC, and this is the pain in the ass :D IMO
p906403_1.jpg

p906403_2.jpg