Tail light mods?

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Poodles;1271892 said:
Back of the lense is painted, and the center section ins't really sealed from the elements either...

Yeah but if you're going through the massive task of the led job anyway it couldnt be too much extra to fashion some kind of lens or even chrome paint and weather seal it with silicone or something. I'm just wondering if theres some kind of legal reason behind it.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
LOL

Skyline_tailights_on_a_Supra.jpg

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
^:barf:

I bought the Kouki lights and bought a can of VH1 niteshade to tint them prior to seeing them I can not bring myself to do it they are dark cherry legal look nice and they are rare.

LED tails look good, properly tinted oem 3 piece on a black car the rare clear european ones look good even the UK ones with the fog light in the back look ok

But any three piece are better then the two piece ones.

The only molded tail that I seen done that looked good was the MKIV tail lights molded flush into a solid panel in the form of the oem 3 piece.
the MKIV tails have a curve on the last part of them so it lined up with out cutting the oem body to get the skyline ones to work you would have to cut the corner section out to get them to mount flush not worth it at all.

Supralover87

Beauty and the Boost
May 21, 2007
Ohio
i am one of the few people out there... i love my 88 lights and front bumper... esp my bumper... refused to buy an 89+ :) but how ever am in the light mod crew and am trying to decide between blacked out and clear... and if i black out i don't some stupid ricer hitting me trying to attempt to keep up and not seeing me stop haha