T61 2JZ Autocross

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Just some autocross action on old stock shocks, ST springs and bald tires :)

My first time participating in an autocross and it was just a blast. Even though I could have driven a lot better I was still very happy with a 6 second improvement from my first time. (3 runs total)

I paid for 6 runs separated by the other half of the drivers going in between each 3 however I had to leave before I got the other 3 runs in. I placed 18th out of 50.

And yes it sounds like I'm hitting rev limit quite a few times and I am some of the time. Just comes with having no traction in 1st gear. Some of those pops are fuel cut though. I say that because it would pop before I was at redline.

Anyways, I had a blast and would do it again in a heart beat.

p1284793_1.jpg

p1284793_2.jpg

Okay enough talking. Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CL9DDvJ8Lg

Thanks for watching guys!

Any tips? Improvements I could make? I'm completely open considering I'm such a newbie.

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I might get some coil-overs some time soon...

I know the body roll was sick lol.

BTW Fastest lap time that day was a 38 second lap set by (I think) an S14 with all possible suspension mods lol. Stock KA.

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
super.secret.supra.club: Thanks man I'd love to go back out there. I really want to keep improving my times.

S.A. Supra: Thanks man I appreciate it. Its a Tanabe HM system with the resonator deleted and no cats :) I'm happy with it for now.

88-7MGTE: Thanks man. Yeah I'd really like to get to a bigger track and get into 2nd gear. That track was all 1st gear.

FullNelson: Hah yeah maybe I should get one. Not sure if this will be such a frequent thing but definitely street runs could be a frequent thing.

Thanks again guys I appreciate the feedback.

-Nick-

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
Not bad for your first time out doing some autocross.. Yeah some coilovers and a more open track and you would be killin it.. Car sounds great tho!