suprra_girl's 87 T

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
I definitely do not have "supra boat" issues LOL

To lower the car I had just compressed stock springs, hey, they worked awesome but sitting for 3+ years then all of a sudden finding roads again I found they started sagging week by week. My partner bought me some Tein springs :D
I only had time to get the fronts in that day so I took it for a burn, and wow... talk about independent rear... it really felt like someone had put a hinge halfway down the car and the rear was loose and swinging, it was awful. That made me realise how bad the compressed springs actually were for handling.

I lovvvvvesss my Tein springs :D Altho, I'm not sure about the colour, I have whorehouse red interior in some places, yellow, black... and then green!! LOL

I still have control arm bushes for the rear to put in, then I just need a set for the front and other than subframe I'm completely nolathaned up :)

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Hokay, goddam 17 pages to check and links to remake rofl, they're all back now :p

Hmm differences I can see in the thread to the car now is:

Manual Transmission & the 1UZ TPS is too different to 7m to run properly, with the auto the settings were too far out and as soon as I touched the throttle it would go into open loop and the auto transmission was all screwy, I went on the hunt and I found that a 3sge had the closest settings to a 7m and also had the correct clock to suit the 1uz throttle body and have now fitted that and I think I just had to alter the tabs inside for the butterfly ever so slightly and it bolted on <3

I pretty much have had the car off the road, not because it wasn't going but we had 3 other vehicles on the road already and didn't need another that required a warrant of fitness and registration fees each year lol. Recently suprama's car is in dire need of attention so hers went off the road and mine went back on.

Things I've had break:
my digital cluster randomly went poof in a puff of smoke, it stunk out my car for weeks lmao, lucky I had a spare :p
Speedo cable didn't have any shielding on it and got heated from the exhaust, melted and snapped (got a new one made up and bought heat shielding this time :p)

Back when I took it for it's first run and visiting a buddy I had one of my oil cooler hoses let go, I sprayed oil everywhere and all over the road >.< A cop happened to be going by and stopped to see what was wrong and such a nice guy backed up and put his car behind mine so if anyone lost control on the motorway they'd hit the cop car instead of mine hah :D
Unfortunately I didn't have my wallet on me and no oil, I managed to scrounge up $7 which was enough to buy one of those 1ltr or 1.5ltr little bottles of oil and I had no choice but to drive it home, I watched that oil pressure like a hawk, I had the minimum requirements of pressure but being auto and trying not to put the engine over 20psi of pressure, now that's difficult driving LOL. However, I succeeded and made it home and believe it or not the engine is perfectly fine <3

Dunno if any of you remember but watching my vid on youtube of the first startup, under the intercooler on the ground you can see oil, well, that same hose blew off when I first started it too, when I checked the hose it had no hose clamps so I presumed I forgot them and that's why it came off, when visiting my mate and it came off again I knew something was wrong, I put two hose clamps on that damn hose that night to make sure it didn't come off while trying to get home again lol.
Lesson - Ensure when you buy hose that it is oil and heat resistant and not cheap shite, if it wasn't for my careful observing of my car it could easily have turned into a very sad affair as I have seen and read about many times.

The last thing I broke which was recently-ish was my walbro fuel pump, my own silly fault really, thought I had put gas in the car and actually hadn't, pump ran dry and cooked itself so I replaced it with an Aeromotive 11142 340lph. The reason I didn't go with walbro is to be honest I couldn't trust where the companies were buying their walbros and did not want to risk a china copy rubbish pump, I did research on the interwebs and discovered that they aren't copying aeromotive so win!

That's pretty much it for now :D