SupraMania: What Do Yo Do? Who Are You In Life?

sai_supra1jz

Eat. Sleep. Boost.
Sep 12, 2008
CenCal, Ca
Was just wondering what we supra brothers do for a living. What job/career do you do? How much do you make? How did you acquire your occupation? Do you like it? If not met yet, what do yo plan and want to become in life?

-I am currently working at Jiffy Lube. Just started a couple of weeks ago. It's going okay so far. But I plan to be a small business owner in my life. I want to eventually expand my entrepeneurship and own a night club. I am 20 and currently going to school.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
I shave dog dick and bitch butt for a living.

I make commission, which usually averages out to $notenoughtoputupwithmymanagersbullshit. Thankfully, I work with my best friend half the time, and another kick-ass groomer and bather. Most days are total laugh-riots.

When not at work, I am SupraCentral's cook, maid, and errand girl, and I adore every minute of it (no sarcasm).

In our spare time, we work on our at-home business, http://aresecig.com

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt....

But seriously, answers about the what are here:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...read.-((NWS-potential))&p=1276306#post1276306

And here:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...read.-((NWS-potential))&p=1276726#post1276726

Add to that keeping this place running and the web based business Theresa mentioned above to that.

Do I like it? Yes.

How much do I make doing it? None of your damned business. ;)

Here's a hint: 40 hours a week won't get you there, not even close.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I'm a dynamic figure often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas and manage time efficiently. Occasionally I tread water for days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes.

I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of army ants. When I'm bored I build models of large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang-gliding and on Wednesdays I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine many times. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week and when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada I once successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery.

The laws of physics do not apply to me. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends I participate in full-contact origami. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a toaster oven. I breed prize winning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I've played Hamlet, performed open-heart surgery, and spoken with Elvis...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Most people won't divulge exactly what they make, and I almost always find it to be the best policy in most circumstances. (Especially if it's with coworkers).

I work in the parts department at a Toyota dealership. I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I had a Toyota parts fetish/hobby so I dropped off my resumé. I make pretty decent money and I love my job a lot, plus I get large discounts on parts which when you're restoring a car is a nice feature. I'm currently going to school one day a week for Parts Technician (work paid for it, and I still get my full salary, win/win). I honestly still don't know what I want to do for a living, I love my job and the wage potential is nothing to scoff at. I just feel that I could be doing something "more" if you know what I mean, so I am considering getting an engineering degree after I get my backup Parts Technician Red Seal ticket. I'd likely be doing mechanical or structural engineering; in high school I would have said electrical or computer engineering, but I dunno about that anymore.

That's a couple of years off, so I don't have it all figured it out, but it may be on the horizon. I'm 24.

Jeff

wesf.

Apr 22, 2009
alberta
I'm in my first year of University, in the management program and my major is in accounting. I would like to be a chartered accountant, but I still have a very long time until everything is finished.
So for the time being I'm a courtesy clerk at my local Safeway grocery store.

staehlin180

Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I have my AA in drafting and design, Working on my BS in Engineering Construction Management. Probably the best time to be in school since construction is kinda dead right now. Unfortunately I lack a steady job but manage to keep myself busy between classes by doing freelance drafting/landscaping/residential construction/handyman shit. The lack of steady income makes it difficulty for me to support my hobbies of my supra, and guns. Aside from that, Ive recently taught myself to ride dirt bikes and I'm an avid snowboarder, but due to me paying for my own health insurance, I've found myself acting a lot more conservatively on my snowboard/when riding dirt bikes.

After college, Ive pretty much accepted that I might have to leave California to find a good job, which is fine with me

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I work in a Parts Department at a Chevrolet dealership.
I was initially offered a job locally, and got into it, and for the first few years I loved it. Now, I've found the only way to get any sufficient raises is to quit and work somewhere else. It is currently not interesting to me, and I don't intend to do it for much longer, although this is my 3rd dealership, and 7th year doing it.

Chevrolet, as a company, is not good to work for as we get no incentives, the dealership isn't any better, offering absolutely nothing to make me (or anyone else) feel valued as an employee. The owner would rather just complain that the roof leaks on his house on Cape Cod, and complain that he hasn't had any time to drive his Corvette this year.

It won't get any better elsewhere, either. Trouble is, the Parts Department in any dealership is the bottom of the barrel. We pick up all the BS for everything that goes on in any other department, and have to eat a lot of losses so GM doesn't see said losses in the Service Department, I guess meaning they don't care how the Parts Department does.

Aside from all of that, in this Dealership, there's no room to advance aside from becoming a Parts Manager, and that position is something that I would like to try, but I'd still be in Parts, and the top of the bottom of the barrel isn't too exciting, now, is it.

I took a few night courses at the Community College last year, Small Business Management and Accounting 1. It was nice to be back in class, and learning, but those credits counted for nothing, and I'd like to put them towards a degree of some sort.

I've been trying to get into the Rail System around here, it's a good job, and most jobs they're hiring for are entry-level and more than I make, and it's a guaranteed job until I want to retire, but getting in is tough.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I'm a mechanical technologist (similar to, but not as qualified, as a mechanical engineer), got my diploma from a local college. I work for a naval architect, where our primary business is designing luxury yachts. Our most recently completed project is a 45m motor yacht: http://www.aquosyachts.com/

I really enjoy the job, never had much interest in boats before, so I'm constantly learning new things. If all goes to plan I'll be in Florida for the boat show at the end of the month, so I can actually see the boat I worked on in person :)

I'm not going to say what I make, but it is good for my qualifications and allows me to live comfortably. Eventually I'd like to get a small side business going, designing and selling custom CNC made parts. We built a large CNC router for our final project at school (great for wood and plastic, but not metal unfortunetaly), and I have a small milling machine which will get converted to CNC soon. Looking at getting a lathe next year.

Oh, and if you are on acid, be sure to watch the video on that website of the laser show that they had the the launch party in New Zealand.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I work in the archives of Mattel (yeah the toy company), help over-see the old products and original 60 year old toys and stuff, we're currently re-doing the entire place and upgrading our inventory system...

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Night Club Owner In Valdosta Ga. The Business is actually my wifes family business. Father opened it in 1972 and now he has passed away and her and I are the owners. I can say it is the greatest job in the world. As well as one of the most stressful. We also own a 12 store strip mall that is what we are gonna use as our financial income when we get tired of the niteclub life. As of now We have full plans of retiring in the next 5-8 yrs. What more could you ask for at a current age of 35.

I really dont think anyone understands what it takes and costs to own and operate a niteclub. I can tell you now whatever you think it is multiply it by 4.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Technician in a Failure Analysis lab at a semiconductor company. I run scanning electron microscopes among other things. I'm also in charge of tool repair/maintenance. I don't get paid enough to be independently wealthy, but I like my job and I don't mind going to work. Where do I plan to be? Not management. Long as I'm doing something I enjoy I'm happy where I am.

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
Im 22, happily married and just had my first kid a month ago, a boy! My religious beliefs and family are the most important to me.

Im a garbage truck mechanic and I work for one of the bigger garbage companies in the US. I got into the job because had the experience, i had worked on semi trucks for small local companies for a few years, started out by doing oil changes and worked my way up. For right now i like my work, still have a lot to learn, pay and benefits are pretty good, still need to find time to finish my 2 year college degree, plan on opening a mobile truck repair business in the future, or possibly a shop. For right now im very happy where i am.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
JJ just earned the post of the month as far as I'm concerned. :biglaugh:

As for myself, I just quit my job with Home Depot of 5 years. First three of those were spent working as their nut/bolt vendor until the company HD outsourced to laid me off. I can't complain too much, they bought my 89 as a severance package! The last two years with HD consisted of me working on their freight crew, the last 10 months of that as the supervisor for the night/freight crew. Lemme tell ya, if you ever want to lose weight, get tough, and learn a lot about how stupid a company that allows a computer that's 3000 miles away to order and run YOUR purchasing department, sign up for the crew, it's an eye opener. It's really a wonder how that company makes any money considering some of the things I've learned there... The pay was decent enough for me to live a single life, but not quite enough to buy a house or start a family, so I've moved on.

New job will hopefully teach me plenty to keep me interested, it's in the wire rope/oilfield rigging business. Once I'm out of debt (~2-3 years at the current rate, could be as little as 1 year if I'd ignore the Supra urges for a while) I'll be well positioned to finally set some realistic goals. I trust that God will provide for me, as I've never went without basic needs, and always had a work ethic that will always keep me employed.

Goals? If I were going to be getting out of my parents basement (I'm 27, I love my family, but it would be nice to expand a bit, it's just really fucking expensive here in this part of Wyoming), I would love to build a man-cave. Basically a garage wide enough for 2-3 vehicles, long enough for 2, and with a high enough ceiling that lifts would be realistic. Aside from that all I'd need is 2 bedrooms, a common area (home theater/gaming setup), a kitchen and bathroom. I think it can be done easily enough, I imagine my biggest obstacle is going to be zoning/planning with the city... My only other goal that's always been on the back of my mind in case I ever made a huge chunk of money (lottery?), is to get into resto-modding old school Japanese cars. I like the style, but new technology has always had a sweet spot in my heart too. Unfortunately, unless you already have a market or well known name, that seems to be more of a hobby to me...

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I am a 21 year old with degrees in Alternative Fuels and Automotive... and with all of the car knowledge I have obtained I went on to become the Vice President of an IT company?

Currently I am in the midst of fulfilling my end of being a HP Photo Technician - so day to day I essentially run around literally everywhere servicing Wal-Mart's photo equipment. I gotta admit, sometimes it gets a little repetitive, but I love the work.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I graduate in spring with a dual major in Accounting and Finance. After I graduate, I'll sit for the CPA license.

Right now I'm working at an internet start-up doing their bookkeeping and taxes. It's not a lot of hours, and the pay is low. But I'm getting paid to learn, and I'm learning a lot.

I'm also currently interviewing for full time positions with CPA firms for after I graduate.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I run the IT department for a steel company named CooperSteel, I do everything pretty much and have 2 nice offices (well one, the other I use for PC crap), a server room that is all mine muahahahah. I don't make a ton of money for what I do, but I'm happy, best damn job/career I've ever had. This is a job I truly can say I love to wake up and go and do. I'm 24, engaged, and working towards....I dunno yet lol, if I move to Germany then a house there, and if I stay here then a house here. Right now it is up in the air.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
I LOVE that the first few posts were Theresa, Mike, JJ, and Jeff.. that's an awesome line up.

I myself work for a mobile advertising company based out of NYC, I'm a "software engineer". I help develop the applications we run to deploy ads to some pretty large companies (yeah I went there). It's surprising how a piece of software can work great, but behave completely different when you throw 84 hits per second at it. It's a whole different animal to code with massive traffic figures in mind. Most of the coding (if anyone cares) is PHP, of course mixed with HTML, JavaScript, AJAX, some Perl on occasion.. we use MySQL and MSSQL databases.

I don't make a shit ton but I make a good amount for my age. I'm 21 and this job is certainly the only reason I can afford to go to school, pay rent, AND waste money on the Supra. Yay.

Mike

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
i work at a company that refurbishes laptops and printers of all kinds for major bank companies i also do hardware support over the phone (im a bench tech) i graduated college with a degree in network administration. It's not exactly where i want to be but i graduated about a year and a half ago so you gotta start somewhere right? :)

i really wanna get out of here and get a job doing more closely to what i graduated for but shit i can't complain :)