Supra was sent into RCTS today

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
well i dropped off the donor car. they are doin a leak down test today before they go ahead with the swap. My car is orginally an NA auto, but the donor car i dropped off is an 89 turbo 5spd. I know these guys arent cheap. They did my friends supra (ubersupra) and was around 10k for a build on his 88 5spd. that was with the stock ct26

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
they're not cheap, but they do a DAMN GOOD job. Every time I go there I learn something new about my motor I didn't know before.

haha, did you happen to notice the Tiburon there getting turbo'd?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Suprastic said:
Vlad is doin the swap. Reg is still contracting him to do the supra swaps

he does a mean, mean build. You should be quite pleased with the motor you are getting. Any idea on what he is going to do to it performance-wise?

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
back to the drawing board. They checked out the engine in my 89 donor car and its fucked. falied the leak down test bad. warped block. what next?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Suprastic said:
back to the drawing board. They checked out the engine in my 89 donor car and its fucked. falied the leak down test bad. warped block. what next?

well, the first thing to do would be get a new block...and start from there. Surely there are a few kickin' around in junkyards. If not, give me a month to get back to canada and you can come pick up the extra NA block I've got laying around...for a nominal fee of course.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I dont have pics since i dropped the car off yesterday and have a busy schedule. But the numbers they gave me were 140-135-118-112-116-142. It's leaking by over 20% which is terrible. I bought the donor car from a friend under the conditions that it passes the leak down test, however it failed misserably. They also found a ton of carbon build up, and a few head bolts missing. This was a huge shock to me when i heard thes numbers. #4 spark plug was misfiring and I was told it could be due to an injector problem. In the end the rebuild, even tho they are hesitant to do it because they dont know what else they'll run into would cost $10k with everything else associated with the swap. Assuming the engine was good, the labour to swap would have been $3k. The total cost after doin some bolt-ons, and machining to make it a ~350 hp car would be $15k. Im just goin to look for another turbo supra with a recent rebuild and change over my rims and interior. Kinda upsetting.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
Suprastic said:
I dont have pics since i dropped the car off yesterday and have a busy schedule. But the numbers they gave me were 140-135-118-112-116-142. It's leaking by over 20% which is terrible. I bought the donor car from a friend under the conditions that it passes the leak down test, however it failed misserably. They also found a ton of carbon build up, and a few head bolts missing. This was a huge shock to me when i heard thes numbers. #4 spark plug was misfiring and I was told it could be due to an injector problem. In the end the rebuild, even tho they are hesitant to do it because they dont know what else they'll run into would cost $10k with everything else associated with the swap. Assuming the engine was good, the labour to swap would have been $3k. The total cost after doin some bolt-ons, and machining to make it a ~350 hp car would be $15k. Im just goin to look for another turbo supra with a recent rebuild and change over my rims and interior. Kinda upsetting.

No worries. Just replace the missing headbolts and you're platinum.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I would be charging this "friend" of yours for all the time (and money) you have spent with this fuck around!!!!

So sorry to hear this, but despite that, before purchase, you should have had it checked out...

Suprastic said:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Nick M said:
The only question remains is why are you putting up $15,000 when you could get a 7MGTE factory car mint for far less money?

Thats my point exactly. I'd never put that cash out there. I'll be in the market for a 91-92 Turbo with targa or factory sunroof. Auto ir 5spd doesnt matter. I just swap my new seats and rims, and hope my new purchase has mint paint and no rust already.