Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Gay hairdresser Miata

Votes: 32 56.1%

• Total voters

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Whats up SM well the race season is coming up for 09 and I'm getting ready to do some work to the supra.I plan on not spending crazy money on it just a few small upgrades fix some kinks and clean it up a bit.Now I have been saving and saving and I have a tax return coming in a few months but I'm at a cross roads put around a 1k in the supra this year to keep it running and race it and get a 94 auto integra for about a 1K for a daily incase the supra will have done time or get a miata race it for cheap and have a kick ass daily.The thing I love about the miata is it's cheap,handles great,and has a kick ass after market seen for real race parts and since it's not over rated like 240's and civics to the racer mags and young kids the price of miata's stay at a good price.I would be looking for a NA(body code)94-95 witch is a 1.8L 94 being the best year(the lightest)

The thing is I love supra's way to much and I love mine way to much.I love how supras look more than miata's,I love the sound of supra's,I love the power of supra's,I love how they drive,and I love the supra community.I was thinking hey I could just save my money not dump it into the supra for this year and not dump it into racing for this year(but hey thats not fun cause I love racing and I want to become a better driver)and I could just get a miata as a daily/race car and have the supra as my cruiser/car to go to meets in/spirited race car and just keep it running till I get older and have more money to do what I want with it.But than I will always be broke(not cool or good for a racing life style).

My beef with the supra heavy,oem parts are expensive and some aren't even made any more,aftter market parts are expensive and there's not a great after market seen for the car(there is but it's to make it look good and make it 1000 hp)

My beef with the miata there gay,there super littel(a plus for racing and only racing)it's a vert,it's not sexy looking,no power what so ever,and it dose not get you any pussy what so ever,The only girl your impressing in a miata is a girl who works at barns and noble who nerdy as hell.

My plan for the supra well were to begin?Well let's keep it simple and show you guys the price tag.I'm looking for a striped out streetable race car(more race car) all glass intact,full roll cage,380-420 hp 7M or 1J(with single turbo)custom coilovers,BBK,hella cooling(cause it's a cool car),almost every after market suspension and chassis mod you could think of,new paint,keep the outside looking simple but tuff like a real race car(nothing wild or flashy)price tag for everything on My dream MKIII 18,600(7M) 27,800(1J)I know it's very pricey but this car I would plan to have till I get old and than give to my kids.I know it may sound crazy me thinking like that but I love road racing and it's a great car for just that.

My plan for the miata no exterior mods except a stock wing (unless it has one)Maruha BC Damper Kit(coil overs)butterfly brace,simple ss brake lines,good pads,poly bushings all around 300$(900$ for the supra)2 sets or wheels stock NB 15 wheels for the street,and maybe a pair of ssr's for the track,No power mods just a k&n air filter and maybe a 2.25 cat back,bolt in roll bar(scca legal unlike supra one's)harness,other safety mods,and maybe a hard top.total price4,800 bucks annd I will have a nice lil race car that i could still daily but not a car that I plan to have for more than a few years till I get my paper up.

So supramaina what do you think?

p.s. supras are way better built cars from the start.FACT!

**Please read post 16**

Last edited:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
buckshotglass;1232546 said:
Am I getting a spanking?:)

you should for not having your car done yet:icon_bigg

it's totally up to you but i have been to many autocrosses and miata's rule the short track.
i have dumped a lot of money into my supra, but i don't race it. i do however, love to do some aggressive driving on the country roads we have here.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Thanks for the imput guys and gals keep it coming.

I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section I thought it was good for off topic but we do have other sections made just for this so thanks for moving it.

BTW My car is a hard top and that also makes it a lot harder for me to sell it cause if I every get a supra again it has to be a hard top like my baby

subjug4tor

Man up, Nancy.
May 8, 2008
DFW, texas
Miata. Even if you only get 150Hp out of it, that's only pushing around 2200 lbs of car. Spend less than 500 and you can stiffen up the body nicely. They're small, and they really fit like a glove when you get behind the wheel. There's no room to slide around a big cabin like most cars, but this is by design, and it works great IMO, you really feel like you are a part of the car. I really like driving them, and fit into them fine (I'm 6'1" 250 lbs)

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
subjug4tor;1232594 said:
Miata. Even if you only get 150Hp out of it, that's only pushing around 2200 lbs of car. Spend less than 500 and you can stiffen up the body nicely. They're small, and they really fit like a glove when you get behind the wheel. There's no room to slide around a big cabin like most cars, but this is by design, and it works great IMO, you really feel like you are a part of the car. I really like driving them, and fit into them fine (I'm 6'1" 250 lbs)

Thats why I want one

roundfinger;1232606 said:
Damn hard choice man... and i hate to say it but the miata may be easier on your wallet for racing as well.

and have you considered a Mega Monster Miata?

http://www.monstermiata.ca/supercharged_monster_miata.html

Ive seen some nicely put together turbo miatas as well, and in some cases for very little money.

Since I don't make much money and I love racing is why a miata is great for me.

If I do get one I'm trying to keep it simple and slow for now but I have been thinking about a V8 in one:naughty: it has to be light and work well in the car tho.I don't want to throw the balance off

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You could very well be but for a fun car that turns corners with a minimum of fuss the little one wins hands down.

While the Mk3 can be made to handle it's a LOT of effort.(and some hairdresser will just drive under you everytime)

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
I have effort i just don't have a lot of money.

My whole thing as a 19 year old that loves to road racing,auto cross and wants to get into the race world is that I have to have one thing or the other The supra or racing because of my funds.

The thing that I feel like I'm doing with the supra is I can't really get any kind of plan going for it cause I don't really have any were to do a big project and I don't have a daily for down time with the supra.For now I have kept it very simple I started with all my maintenance and I always keep up with it I did tokico shocks and eibach springs,ddp,3inch cat back,misc stuff,and I guyyed my int out,and took out all the sound proofing.I feel I took the right path for a new driver and a new racer(I alway do say mod the car around the skill of the driver)Here I am with a ok body hard top with 137,XXX miles on it with rust on one qurter panel,both wheel well's and spare tire well.My car is 2 diffrent colors(front end is black)I have not done a h/g on it yet and am scared to retorqe it cause it's been holdin up for 20 years.I don;t want to do the h/g unless I rebuild the whole motor cause I want to do everything once and I want it to be right!!That why I want a daily cause insted of rushing to get the car out I could take my time to get the right amount of money.Also I feel If I do the build I want I feel it's going to be that my car is off the road getting built the way I want it to for 4 years or so(witch means like no racing) or I feel like I'm building it very sloppy.

So maybe you guys could help we making a good plan for my supra or just tell me to take the e-z way out and get a miata

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Since i wont be driving it, because im a manly man, lumberjack even, i vote you get a gay hairdresser miata if you want to curve it up.

A local kid got a great deal on a lil miata and a cheap ebay turbo kit hes modified and thrown a few more things on and...WOW.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Miata makes more sense and you know it. It almost always wins it's class at the auto cross. It can also run the same tires in many events before they get worn out. You will go through consumables like mad with the Supra.

Personally, I like the challenge and don't care if I'm the best on race day so I plan to stick with my Supra and race it anyways.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
i picked supra, because you would neglect to make any power mods on the miata.... i've got a 97 mustang 281 sittin around waitin to go in a miata... HAHA

you gotta have some fun, right?