Supra A70 ABS plastic Dash covers-

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Let's face the fact that many of our dash boards are cracking and replacements are expensive and hard to find. I used to have an old celica and bought a Coverlay(http://www.coverlaymfg.com/index.html) dash cover and liked it very much.

I've been doing some research on the plastic dash caps they make for cars. They seem to make them for many toyota's (including the MKII) but nothing for the A70.

82-85 dash cap- celica/supra
451_image.jpg

I emailed coverlay Manufactuing and here's what they said:

"It takes us about three months and around 8,000 - 10,000 to produce a mold for a cover. The process involved in deciding on the next dash cover mold that will be produced is indepth. We have a list that we keep updated and current to the amount of calls and emails on certain makes and models. If we start receiving alot of calls on a certain make and model we will start pulling pictures of the dash and decide if it is a dash that we can produce. I will put this on our list and just keep checking with us periodically on the status of this cover."

Please Email Coverlay at the bottom of their page( it says "Email us your wish list) suggest making a 86.5-92 supra cover. We might get a dash made made for our cars for less than $100.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules for posting this, as I just want a dash cap.

Regards,
Chris D.
Idaho

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
These are very nice, I've seen a few 240sx's with it, It looks just like a regular dash except it overlaps. Very stock looking until you take a good hard look at it.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
VERY nice.

Although my dash is in near perfect condition....This would be a great replacement as I do see more and more starting to look a little rough as they age.

Hell, I may be interested in one, anyway. It looks like the quality of them and design are pretty nice.
My biggest problem would be ordering such a large item, getting it here, just to find out that it doesn't fit just perfectly.

Regardless, I'll send an email just to try to help out...I'm sure it would be a popular piece to purchase for many owners out there.

Jeff

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
e-mailed them, as this is a good idea

my e-mail:
do you guys make the dash cover for the toyota supra that ran from 1986.5-1992? this would be a great way to help our community as our dashes are starting to crack and becoming hard to find in good shape at best.
thanks for your products.
noah labiche

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Sent an email as well. Really hope something happens. I've tried swapping numerous dashes and they all eventually crack. Have yet to find a nice carpet dash cover.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
I think this comapany could do well with a A70 dash cover. I just changed my heater core and the dash cracked even worse. I use the carpet cover which looks bad.

Keep emailing!

cwd

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
My Hachi has a Coverlay dash cap that I had dyed to (nearly) match my original burgundy interior. I'll take and post some pics.
;)
Jason

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
^^^alot of time's the windsheild need's to be removed.i work in auto glass and have seen cut dash's get fixed.they alway's have me pull the sheild.i can r&r a sheild faster then anybody can pull a dash in most cases.