SUPER n00b question!

lifesnotfair

Dec 26, 2005
Dominican Republic
Fellas, I am a noob.

That said... I just had my 1JZ swap done to my 88, they left the oil preassure gauge disconnected. I hate to see that needle in there, not reading anything, ACK.

Anyways, I need a boost gauge and an oil preassure gauge. WHAT DO I NEED, EXACTLY? .. please tell me like I'm a 2 year old.

Mechanical gauges... electrical... any particular brand? Any accesories I need to install them? (besides a pod). Because I wouldn't like to buy a gauge, and then find out it wont work because it needs a certain plug or cable or sensor or whatever. =/

Please don't hate me. =)

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
autometer is a great cheap guage. they all are pretty much the same minus options and mechanical/electronic.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
lifesnotfair said:
Fellas, I am a noob.

That said... I just had my 1JZ swap done to my 88, they left the oil preassure gauge disconnected. I hate to see that needle in there, not reading anything, ACK.

Anyways, I need a boost gauge and an oil preassure gauge. WHAT DO I NEED, EXACTLY? .. please tell me like I'm a 2 year old.

Mechanical gauges... electrical... any particular brand? Any accesories I need to install them? (besides a pod). Because I wouldn't like to buy a gauge, and then find out it wont work because it needs a certain plug or cable or sensor or whatever. =/

Please don't hate me. =)

i run greddy and autometer

greddy boost (mec)
greddy warn egt (ele)
autometer /water temp /oil temp/oil persure/air fule ratio hehehe tells me when my o2 is dead that and dancing lights / (ele)

soon to add
auto meter fule persure (ele)
auto meter no2 (ele)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
don't get a mechanical oil pressure gauge. you don't want oil running into the cabin of the car. ;)

-shaeff