Stolen Supra in East Bay, Cali

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
OMFG... I just went out and tried my old NA's key in my Turbo and it friggin' opened the door!! Holy shit, I am so scared now... I didn't realize how easy it is to break into our cars... I parked the bimmer behind it as security...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
don't worry bout ridah...
and no, that isn't funny....

thedave: i wish i could be there to help, but if it turns up in MA you'll be the first to know.... :(

N

NDBoost

johnathan1 said:
OMFG... I just went out and tried my old NA's key in my Turbo and it friggin' opened the door!! Holy shit, I am so scared now... I didn't realize how easy it is to break into our cars... I parked the bimmer behind it as security...
kind of odd but.. i can start my toyota 22R pickup with my supra key.. and vice versa

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
sorry to hear about it. slim chance if itll turn up here, but i know pretty much every mk3 in southwest va (all five of them). ill keep an eye out on ebay/other markets for you

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
ridah said:
Ck Punk'd You

Now why would he want to come 'over the hill' to my side and take my supra when he has his??? He doesn't look like much of a morning person anyway, nevermind the traffic and poor roads in my area. Can't say it isn't a possibility. Why don't I 'borrow' your car for a week? I promise I won't beat on it too much...
-Dave

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Many Toyota keys, especially in older cars, will work in more than one car. Usually only in the driver's side door and ignition, though, the passenger door and hatch are rarely as worn.

One of my favorite tricks is to take apart the door and disable the exterior lock cylinder on the driver's side. That way I can still get in through the passenger side or trunk if I need to, but everyone with keys that are just 'close' won't be able to.

One more thing. We have electric fuel pumps, so IMO everyone should have a hidden switch installed somewhere that disables the fuel pump.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
thedave925 said:
Now why would he want to come 'over the hill' to my side and take my supra when he has his??? He doesn't look like much of a morning person anyway, nevermind the traffic and poor roads in my area. Can't say it isn't a possibility.
-Dave

ha... yea.. i liked the car.. but I wouldent steal it.. the car is very unique... specialy the fading patern on the roof..

lol whats that mean "i dont look like a morning person?"

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
As far as the fuel pump cut off switch- I had an old '79 Cougar that would start without a key (I've had several ford igntions do this!) so I added an extra floor dimmer switch, not for lights but to cut off the msd ignition. I just had it mounted up a little higher than normal under the carpet. Don't remember exactly how I rigged the wires to act as just on/off cuz I was drunk hooking it up. But that means it can't be too hard! Someone sittin in the car with you won't even see you trip a switch like this, just hit it as you're getting in. Sorry bout your Supra thedave925!!!

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
I wrote a nice tale of supra recovery last night, it was long and then the computer took a shit and flushed the story. I've gotta pack for a trip, so I'm going to have to write it again later. I'll make a new post and put up pics.
-Dave

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
yup, give us the scoop!
i had nightmares of having my supe stolen last night.

in the old days the penalty for thieves was having thier hands cut off.

Last edited:

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
thats terrible to hear. A better description/pics might help. Are those racing hart M5 wheels? Hope you get it back in one piece.
- Steve