stolen in sacramento ca area R154

staehlin180

Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
So sometime last night my R154 was stolen from the Rancho Cordova area. It was a complete unit with mount, bellhousing and rear wheel speed sensor/pigtail still attached. The tranny itself was dirty and the inside of the bellhousing has a lot of caked on oil. I know it may be a needle in a hay stack type thing but the more people I can get the word out to the better.

The transmission was in need of a rebuild and was supposed to be headed down to Marlin Crawler today

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
#04;1957270 said:
^or a scrapmetal thief...

its happened to me with junky OEM aluminums w/snow tires...

Funny...just re-roofed my house this summer. Had a bunch of tin in the front yard that I was going to scrap..came home from work and it was gone....funny what people will do for $20.

staehlin180

Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Probably a scrap metal thief. None of the people I know knew where the transmission was. It needed a rebuild, so it probably wouldn't be a good one to use. I sent pictures of it to the local scrap yards. In CA you cannot receive more than $20 cash for scrap metal. They mail you a check or you pick it up a couple days later, and they take fingerprints, ID and have to have surveillance cameras. There was a big problem a few years ago with people stealing catalytic converters, utility wire, copper pipe, even brass and bronze monument markers and urns from cemeteries. If they try unloading it at a local scrap yard, hopefully they'll be found out. I'm not going to hold my breath though.