Stock fuel pump ok for stock 2JZ-GTE?

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I just finished my 2JZ-GTE swap. The engine was fired up at 2 am. Started in the first try. Yeah !!!

My car is a 92 mk3 and I was wondering if the stock fuel pump is adequate for a stock 2JZ-GTE with 330 hp?

I have a Walbro pump here, just don't know if it is needed.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
IBoughtASupra;1628382 said:
I would throw the Walbro in there or one MKIV denso pump. Fuel is not something to play around with. Not needed but recommended.

+1 highly recommended for reliability purposes more than anything.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, obviously the Denso pump is an upgrade but you might as well do one of those in the tank and a Bosch or Walbro in-line.

Sure you can do the Denso by itself and yes it is an upgrade for our cars but it shouldn't be considered an upgrade when you have a 2JZ in there which we all know, everyone likes to raise the boost because of what they can handle in stock form.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
The 2JZGTE pump (Denso 195130-1020) flows about the same as the walbro GSS341, but draws more current and is quieter and more reliable.

From what I can find, I have not measured it, the stock GTE MK3 pump flows about 155Lph which is only 60% of these two pumps and is inadequate for the 2JZ-GTE.

flowtestdensowalbro.gif

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
If you swapped a JDM 2jz in there with the stock 440cc injectors, I doubt you will have a problem, since this is the same size as the 7mgte ones.

That said, throwing in an upgraded pump in can't hurt...

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
the chances of it being a JDM 2J are high, especially with only 330hp.. and yes, they have low impedance 440's in stock form.

anyhow, the point is that he should change the pump to a Walbro or Denso mkiv unit.. reliability and performance can be considered the same, and as others have stated, one gains more flow potential in the process.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
It is a US/Euro 2JZ-GTE converted to JDM spec. So detuned to 280 hp to be able to register the car (we are only allowed a 20% increase in HP in Denmark)

So it has 440 injectors, but larger cams and turbos and doesn't use the MAF and only runs MAP and temp sensor. Runs on a stock JDM 2JZ ECU.

It is just that I have no time to swap the pump (I have the pump here but I need to be out of the garage by sunday) so if the stock pump was ok I would wait swapping the pump until I have time to do it.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Dylan JZ;1628656 said:
the chances of it being a JDM 2J are high, especially with only 330hp.. and yes, they have low impedance 440's in stock form.

anyhow, the point is that he should change the pump to a Walbro or Denso mkiv unit.. reliability and performance can be considered the same, and as others have stated, one gains more flow potential in the process.

I alway thought the JDM 2JZ-GTE 440's were high impedance injectors and the USDM 550's were low. I know w/ the 1JZ 370's and 2JZ 440's you shouldn't need a injector resistor correct?

At any rate, what are the limits of the Walbaro 255 and Denso pumps? When would one need to run two run Walbaros or have a Walbaro inline pump added?

Last edited:

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yeah jdm are all saturated injector. fwiw I've made over 380whp on a stock 7mge pump with no pressure drop at all. Just watch afr and fp. It'll either flow enough or it wont.

I think you're fine. Talking about walbros and inline pumps for a stock engine is just retarded.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
aphxero;1651319 said:
Yeah jdm are all saturated injector. fwiw I've made over 380whp on a stock 7mge pump with no pressure drop at all. Just watch afr and fp. It'll either flow enough or it wont.

I think you're fine. Talking about walbros and inline pumps for a stock engine is just retarded.

For a stock engine sure, but I'm thinking maybe for someone who would making slightly over 500whp. Maybe between 500-550whp. Sorry, I should've made that clear.

In that case would a Walbaro/ a inline pump be the best and cheapest solution?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Ive had good results with bosch 044 with the sock conversion in the tank. That with -6 lines should easily handle it. I've made over 450 in my personal car (420 daily) with just a single walbro and stock rail with stock lines.

Hope that helps.