Stinger thread....

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
It would be nice if there was someone close to where I am to help me out with mine, I know I need to add fuel as I have the cold start issue and I'll probably kill my starter since it takes so many tries to get it cranked. I just don't wanna biff something up not knowing what I'm doing.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mike, have you tried holding down the space bar while you crank it to highlight those cells, and then adding fuel to the cells that are highlighted. It helped mine crank a little easier.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Also I highly recommended adding in the 12V solenoid valve. At first I would have to wait 3 minutes before I could drive the car after a cold start. With the valve installed I can start the car from cold and start driving about 20 seconds later.

I did have to play with my cold start settings a bit but like suprahero said just add fuel to the cells highlighted. You can also play with the fuel temp comp and ign temp comp as well.

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
10secdream;1191711 said:
Also I highly recommended adding in the 12V solenoid valve. At first I would have to wait 3 minutes before I could drive the car after a cold start. With the valve installed I can start the car from cold and start driving about 20 seconds later.

I did have to play with my cold start settings a bit but like suprahero said just add fuel to the cells highlighted. You can also play with the fuel temp comp and ign temp comp as well.

You have a link for the solenoid valve. All the old ones are broken.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
I'll proaly try working with it when I get back home, I have to wait until it's really warm before I drive and then if it's under a load like headlights on or Hydro fan kicks on it wants to go dead like at a red light or just in neutral sitting still.

Other than that it drives pretty good.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
macjac69;1194200 said:
it's under a load like headlights on or Hydro fan kicks on it wants to go dead like at a red light or just in neutral sitting still.

Do you use narrowband feedback, or is a wideband hooked up to the stinger?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
suprahero;1191016 said:
Mike, have you tried holding down the space bar while you crank it to highlight those cells, and then adding fuel to the cells that are highlighted. It helped mine crank a little easier.

No, I haven't, I'll have to do that....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That was aimed at Mike (macjac)...........not Mark...........but you try it too.......:icon_bigg

Any more info on the 12 volt solenoid valve? Please. Pretty please.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
suprahero;1203267 said:
That was aimed at Mike (macjac)...........not Mark...........but you try it too.......:icon_bigg

Any more info on the 12 volt solenoid valve? Please. Pretty please.

I got my valve off ebay for about 12 dollars. Search for 12V air horn valve. I then plumbed it the intake manifold and connected it to the Stinger. I have yet to try the engine temp activated relay but I am sure it will work out just fine.

The only thing that I needed to do was set the idle when the engine was up to temperature.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What did you connect it to on the stinger? Is there a write up somewhere that I can read? Where did you get your info from if you don't mind? I'd like to read up on it and then do mine. Thanks, Jay

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
putting together a wiring harness for my stinger to go on my 88...anyway wanted to know if i had the connections right:

# Stinger harness : Supra Harness
4. aux o/p 1 : FP
5. lambda - : wideband
6. signal : VTA
7. eng temp : THW
8. trig : NE
9. ground : E01
10. +12v : Batt
11. prim inj : #10
12. sec/prim inj : #30
13. ign 2 : IGDA
14. ign 1 : IGF
15. aux o/p 3
16. aux o/p 2
17. input
18. air temp
19. lambda + : wideband
20. sync : G1
21. ground : G -
22. +5v : VC
23. prim inj : #20
24. sec/prim inj

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
Hi everyone, ive got the stinger 6860ecu installed in my car.
im running the 4 coil ignitor.

so i dont have my tach working. So ive looked at the one that arron put up, but thats for a ems 4424???? im assuming?

but by looking at a wiring diagram for this ecu, (8860... plug "B" should be the same as plug "b" on the 6860)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

would i use "a34" yellow/red wire? in comparison to the blue/grey wire on the 4424 ecu?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Another Stinger thread made me think of some other questions:
  • Exactly what stock 1JZ sensors are used?
  • Exactly what stock 1JZ sensors are NOT used?

What I'm trying to do is gather info so I can thin out the stock harness....

Panchira!

Cressida+1jz+GKT550= :)
Jan 3, 2008
black hole
from what i got from aaron when i talked to him today. was you keep the folowing:

igniter
#2 cam sensor (towards flywheel)
crank sensor
coolant temp (on water neck)
injectors
air temp sensor
TPS

your options are also:

aux outputs x4
O2 sensor

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Panchira!;1229375 said:
from what i got from aaron when i talked to him today. was you keep the folowing:

igniter
#2 cam sensor (towards flywheel)
crank sensor
coolant temp (on water neck)
injectors
air temp sensor
TPS

your options are also:

aux outputs x4
O2 sensor

If the above is correct, there is a few that can be trimmed out of the stock harness. That's good news

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Does anyone know the correct fuel trim % and ignition trim as well as fire seq for the 4484 Stinger on a 1JZ?

Trying to get the anti-lag setup in drag mode, but i cant for the life of me get the thing to build any respectable amount of boost.. Not sure what i'm supposed to set anything to.

Ive got the Aux 1 configured for disable anti-lag, and it wired into my clutch switch, but like i said im not sure of the correct settings..

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If you figure this out of if someone helps you, this would be great. I'm going to Texas and this would definately help me at the track. Good luck with this and hopefully somoene will chime in soon.