Still Having This shake!!

87 mk3

May 19, 2008
Panorama City
Hi i am still currently having this problem, of ma car shaking. ive recently changed the center support bearing, u joints on driveshaft, balanced the tires, re-rounded ma rotors, new transmission mount, does anyone knoe wat it could be its wierd wen it shakes becuz it shakes at a certain speed n wen i brake or down shift it shakes even harder.. if anyone can help thanks...

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
[strike]If Panorama City is in Central America, I'll look past the horrid application of the English language and respond. If it's in CA, I'll talk to ya l8r ma maaaan.[/strike]

Actually, I take that back... you don't type Spanish. ;) We've got members from Eastern Europe and Asia with a better command of the English language than half the kids who show up here. Get with the program and make sure we can read your post with ease. If not well, most of us consider it disrespectful and you won't get much from us.

Here's a hint though: carrier bearing

Last edited:

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
CRE;1048370 said:
[strike]If Panorama City is in Central America, I'll look past the horrid application of the English language and respond. If it's in CA, I'll talk to ya l8r ma maaaan.[/strike]

Actually, I take that back... you don't type Spanish. ;) We've got members from Eastern Europe and Asia with a better command of the English language than half the kids who show up here. Get with the program and make sure we can read your post with ease. If not well, most of us consider it disrespectful and you won't get much from us.

Here's a hint though: carrier bearing

And a hint for you...its called a center support bearing which he stated he changed! If you ain't gonna help the man...then don't post...

To the OP:

In the rear section of the drive shaft (behind the center support bearing) check to make sure the u-joints are in line with eachother...the rear section is made of two pieces of bonded pipe (one inside the other)...the bond has been know to snap causeing the ujoints to misalign ever so slightly....this happened to me and I didn't even know it till IJ pointed it out to me....check the rear section and look closely down the length of the shaft....I'd like to see the results!

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Excellent! See class, a difficult to read post often results in repetitive and unhelpful responses. ;)

Gaby, thanks for the info on the DS. Never heard that before.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
IJ.;1048407 said:
(I'm oldNdoddery no one listens to me what could I possibly know....)

Nothing personal Ian, but you do live in Australia... you do know you're upside down right?

BTW, you have any pics of this trouble spot?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jetjock;1048413 said:
Hey, I'd listen if you knew how to spell center right ;)

LMAO we (Aussies) speak ENGLISH :icon_razz

CRE;1048416 said:
Nothing personal Ian, but you do live in Australia... you do know you're upside down right?

BTW, you have any pics of this trouble spot?

Goon has some he took after I told him about it ;)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I did post a pic recently...but I can't link cause I'm on my iPhone so can't copy and paiste....if ij could post that pic I recently posted I'd appreciate it.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, if someone finds a pic I would be interested in seeing it.

One piece DS, FTW!!!! Until they grenade that is. :(

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
gaboonviper85;1043155 said:
ok well obviously IJ was correct again....as always...

p1048432_1.jpg

p1048432_2.jpg

if you notice...the rear section of the driveshaft (has the end that bolts to the diff connected to it) is slightly cocked....considering that the 7mge is such a powerhouse a beast of a motor the driveshaft failed under such EXTREAM stress....lol

it should be a straight line from center of bearing to center of bearing..

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Interesting....

Now if only I could get rid of this milkshake craving I've recently developed.... ugh. The power of suggestion is too much sometimes.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
You may speak The Queen's but it appears you smoke American and measure Japanese. I have two of those Mitutoyos. Batteries don't last worth a damn. One word: Starrett. Besides, digi is for whimps...real men read verniers ;)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
LOL I was educated right at the changeover here from Imperial to Metric so actually think/work in a combination of the two :)

My Mit's are all fine on batteries the only problem I've had was the older designs aren't coolant proof.

I'm waaaayyy too old to be reading verniers :icon_razz
(and you're older again)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
see you got it all wrong....real men dont waist there time reading mic's when digital is an option!!!

and Starrett is way too damn over priced for what you get...the japs know how to make the good stuff and put a good price on it!

oh and by the way jetjock....i took that photo....lol