Steering Wheels...what are you using?

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
I'm on the hunt for a new steering wheel as the personal on my car is old and tired, not to mention some peanut used non-tapered fasteners and has essentially tried to fit a sqaure peg into a round hole, thus chewing out the fastener holes.

I feel like steering wheels often are over looked and they are obviously one of the most important aspects in the car going where you want it to.

So, i'm interested to see pics, plus list the make, size (diameter) and where you purchased from (if you care to share).

Cheers

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Here is mine:

Its a MOMO Super Indy made in 1987. I picked it up on eBay from a guy on a base in Japan, I don't know the diameter off hand, but its smaller than a 89 3 spoke wheel, and it weighs next to nothing. It took about a week of daily driving to get used to it. At the top of the wheel the sun shows the true color of it, the photo makes it look darker than it is.

img3627z.jpg

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
I sort of like the idea of the NRG quick release hub, where is the best place to purchase?

IJ.;1573119 said:
Momo Corse
350mm
Revolution Racegear
Suprragirl/Suze got the Hub for me in NZ.

sdl03.jpg
IJ you listed as Momo Corse but it looks remarkably similar to a momo tuner? Also available in the brushed black centre. Looks like an awesome wheel, its probably at the top of my list at the moment but i'm a little unsure where to purchase from...did you source yours brand new or second hand? The thumb grips look to have a sharp edge on the taper, how does it feel in your hands?

cheers

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's a Corse I think they're discontinued so probably came back as something else.

The Profile is a bit odd at first but it quickly grows on you, very comfortable/nice to use and as it's not tiny/stupid small there's enough leverage.