steering wheel install

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
ok, so i sold my stock wheel long time ago, i got a momo steering wheel(the ones on ttr's japan supras)
so the thing is i came install my steering wheel hub all the way in, is it hard to press in? and how do you find the center of it? i remember i did an alignment and my steering wheel was at 12" and 6" of where u usually hold.
i talked to a mechanic and he said it goes in one way, but i tried all of them, how do you press it on?
right now its on half of the spindle and wont go all the way on. any advice appreciated

btw: tsrm only says about the plastic circle in which you do have to get that aligned which i did, just the middle spindle itself is giving problems
Thanks

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
mark your old steering wheel's center, and then mark it on the new wheel as well..

as for "pressing" its not hard at all, the center bolt holds the hub in place, and then you have screws to hold the wheel to the hub..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
So is it not going on all the way or are you concerned with alignment?

Alignment is easy place it where you think it should be drive and if its not where it should be move it. If you still cant get it where it should be you prolly need a alignment. Make sure you take to a quality place and its better to research what specs you should have and ask them that you want that(as most techs will put in the green and make sure its drives straight). Like -1.2 all around camber and 0 toe. They have to give you a sheet of the work performed and its impossible to fool the machine into exactly what you want.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
projectsupra;1653541 said:
Depending on what boss kit you have you might need to remove the clock spring/turn signal cancel piece. This should be fairly obvious if that's what's stopping it from seating properly.

true, I cut mine since it wouldn't let the hub sit in place correctly..

I lost turn signal canceling, but it's nothing to worry about, the flashing light on the dash should be obvious..

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
dont mean to thread jack,
but how do you remove the steering wheel on a three-spoked 89?
I removed the center horn cover and got stumped af that.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
sorry for threadjacking, is there a write up on how to get the horn working on an aftermarket wheel, i cut off the rotating assembly and now have four wires, what to i do now??