Steering wheel hub

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
Hey guys, I've been using a Boss hub for my momo wheel since last summer. As many of you might have guessed, the horn does NOT work. I talked to a few people and they said i need to do some "wiring" for it.. and that ALL after market hubs will require it.

So my question is, anyone out there know exactly what to do? I can get a NRG hub, momo hub, boss hub, what ever hub. I just need to get the horn working. A quick release would be bling too :p hahha but w/e works.

Note: I'm a COMPLETE wiring noob. The most CRAZY wiring i did was installing a HID kit.. so that's kinda my extent of wire knowledge....

Thanks~~~

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
I did think of re routing the horn to a button.. But i really want it on the horn LOL. any way thats possible? the entire steering assembly looks very different then what 'm use too == i might go fabricate something to the hub i guess.

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
The horn should have two prongs on the back of it, mine did atleast, but what i did was find the horn wire, i think it was green but dont rely on my bad memory. hook it to a butt connector (i think thats what its called) to one of the prongs, then for the other prong use another wire to a ground (you shouldve gotten a ground plate) and it should work.

I used a momo hub and nrg q/r, a little close for me, so try nrg short hub, it may work better. Nardi bolt style wheels do not work w/ momo hubs so i used a q/r otherwise find am adapter plate.

Hope this is clear enough, typos are due to iphone
Typing

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
I see alot of people use NRG short hub + q/r. Does this set up work okay and allow the horns to work without wiring? Right now i'm using the momo hub, but the ground plate doesn't touch ... Yes its' been a month and its' new years.. still haven't found a solution lol.