Status update, 11/24/09 Ridiculous incident, need advice: let it go or take a stand?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
DreamerTheresa;1419437 said:
OH, damn, just noticed you're in Massachusetts. That explains your cops.

QFT. I can attest to this statement. The amount of hot-head cops in this state are unbelievable.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
DreamerTheresa;1419696 said:
You should have done 95.
:: facepalm ::
Supracentral;1419706 said:
He's damned lucky you didn't do .45 (230 gr JHP @ 1,000 fps or so...)

Mike, c'mon, do you really think he had a right to use/brandish a weapon in this incident?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Dunckel;1419743 said:
Mike, c'mon, do you really think he had a right to use/brandish a weapon in this incident?

Serious Dunckel is serious.

I should have put a :icon_razz after that.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Dunckel;1419669 said:
And you shouldn't have done 90.

So it would have been better to let him get up next to me, put me into a tree and drive away? I dont have full coverage so even if I didnt get hurt, if he takes off then I'm out a car. Was going 90 the safest thing in the world? No. Was it better than letting him hit me? Absolutely.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
lewis15498;1420044 said:
So it would have been better to let him get up next to me, put me into a tree and drive away? I dont have full coverage so even if I didnt get hurt, if he takes off then I'm out a car. Was going 90 the safest thing in the world? No. Was it better than letting him hit me? Absolutely.

How do you know he would have run you into a tree? If someone really wants to run you off the road, they'll do it at 30, as well as 90.

I'm not trying to bust your balls here. Your right, it wasn't the safest thing you could have done, and it wasn't the smartest either. I'm sure if you had to do it over again, you would have handled the situation a little better. As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Dunckel;1420168 said:
How do you know he would have suprise buttsexed you? If someone really wants to suprise buttsex you, they'll do it sober, or drunk.

I'm not trying to bust your balls here. Your right, it wasn't the safest thing you could have done, and it wasn't the smartest either(aids). I'm sure if you had to do it over again, you would have used protection in the situation a little more. As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

I couldn't agree more. I'm sure he just panicked and took off. Not a uncommon thing to do. Now that he has experienced something of this nature first hand I'm sure he'll handle himself better in the future!

Glad you and the idiot are ok and nothing that could have happened did happen.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Man that whole situation is bananas.The cops here in louisville are looking for a guy that does similiar things. Cops dont play when it comes impersonation.

Man wanted for fraud may be posing as police officer

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Police searching for a man wanted in connection with a credit card scam at the Wal-Mart Neighborhood store on Poplar Level Road now believe he may be impersonating a police officer.

"My fear is that with him dressed in this stuff, wearing all this, approaching people, they are going to think that this guy is a legitimate police officer or detective," said Detective Ron Charles of LMPD's 6th Division.

A recent search of 38-year-old Charles Hart's home uncovered a slew of police equipment and uniforms that investigators believe he is using to fool people into thinking he works with law enforcement.

During the search, Detective Charles says officers found authentic police badges, patches, jackets, handcuffs and flashlights as well as other items, including fake LG&E and Courier Journal ID badges.

"My personal thoughts are - this guy scares me," Charles said. "With what he has been known to do in the past - and with what he has here - the potential for what he could do, I could only imagine."

Charles said Hart and his girlfriend, Brenda Hightower, make a living pulling credit card scams at area retailers, often returning stolen goods for cash or a store credit, which they then cash out.

Along with the badges and equipment, Charles says officers also found a long list of names, credit card numbers and other personal financial information.

Charles thinks Hart may be tricking people into providing him with personal information by pretending to be a law enforcement officer.

"We don't know what he's been out here doing with this stuff," Charles said. "And that's why we need the public's help, that if they've seen this guy, if they've had any contact with him or any encounters of this kind of nature, please get ahold of us and let us know."

This isn't the first time Hart has been in trouble for posing as a cop. In July 2008, Hart was arrested for soliciting a prostitute, who turned out to be an undercover cop. At the time, Hart was driving a Crown Victoria that he had equipped to resemble a police vehicle.

If you have any information on Hart or his whereabouts, you're asked to call the anonymous LMPD crime tipline at 574-LMPD (574-5673).

Copyright 2009 WAVE-TV and Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=11199270

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Dunckel;1420168 said:
How do you know he would have run you into a tree? If someone really wants to run you off the road, they'll do it at 30, as well as 90.

I'm not trying to bust your balls here. Your right, it wasn't the safest thing you could have done, and it wasn't the smartest either. I'm sure if you had to do it over again, you would have handled the situation a little better. As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

My basis for this action is that he couldnt sideswipe me if he couldnt get up next to me. I consider myself a pretty good driver, and I knew if I pushed the nimble jetta, he would be unable to get up next to me in an explorer. Honestly I cant say I regret this action, as had I not sped up I truly belive he would have clipped me.

Not saying I disagree with you generally speaking, however in this instance it seemed like the best option then and now, and the officer agrees with me on that. I had 2 options, speed up, or dont speed up and be hit.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well, someone needs to point this out...

Getting clipped at 30 mph is uncomfortable, and will end up doing some significant damage - especially in a Jetta. However, that's why we carry insurance.

Getting clipped at 90 mph is often fatal.

This is called risk management... Risk is calculated by combining Likelihood and Impact. The likelihood of avoiding the accident at higher speeds is nice, but it's outweighed by the impact if it happens anyway.

Now admittedly, you did manage to avoid a high likelihood AND high impact risk, so you're doing a fair bit better than some.