Starting up club (NC Supra's)

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
supra-addiction;1529838 said:
i'm down to hang out! but - -:cry: - - i need a motor. :1zhelp: anybody know anybody . . ?

I have a couple 7M heads, a 7M block thats been bored out for some custom CP pistons(high HP build that I can't yet afford) and a 1JZ... Hit me up.

::edit:: Update, 1 good 7M head, and the block is bored for custom high compression CP pistons. And the 1JZ.

Last edited:

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
At this moment, its still up in the air, we have a small roll call with... 2 people.:nono:
If you want to go add your name to the list on when you can. The one with the most people wins.
If all else fails, it might end up that i go to VA instead, it seems they already have a date planned.

3rd:

10th:

17th:

24th:

Any:
Athena
kamikazemkiii

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I am open for April 24th, that way it gives me the whole month to have mine done haha 7M-KDL, we should have time to finish! When are they planing for the VA one?

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
supra-addiction;1529838 said:
i'm down to hang out! but - -:cry: - - i need a motor. :1zhelp: anybody know anybody . . ?

Hey I've got a complete engine from a 90 turbo mkiii. Let me know.

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
What do you guys think about maybe meeting at one of the dragstrip test and tune's. We can kill a few birds with one stone; meet up, show off, face off and settle arguments street legal, and really indimidate guys showing up in civic si's and 240 sx's. Every time i go to one of these those ricers dominate the scene. We need supras in full force!!!

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I am def down for that buuuut I cant race as I'll be in the stages of breakin-in my motor :) but if I get done early enough and start driving my car then perhaps I can bring an ass whoopin to the ricers lol The VA meet looks to be good and Id love to make my first road trip with my supra to that one so I'm busting my butt on my car now

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
kamikazemkiii;1532924 said:
Sounds good the next one is this coming up month i believe in Rocking ham, but they've got a Fayetteville track too
whats your mods SS?

3 inch stainless downpipe, aftermarket boost and afm gauges, wastegate shimmed to 11 psi, unmetered air screw all the way out, r compound tires, and my factory struts are mush which my mechanic at Toyz Unlimited (a supra specialty place in liberty NC) says make it faster off the line, I'm in the process of welding up some targa braces so i can lose that targa weight and not have the body flex. i've only had my supra like 4.5 months. oh and i should have an aftermarket bov soon when i decide which one i want. might have afpr and pcv catch can on by then (just sitting in my closet)

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
7M-KDL;1532961 said:
how much weight do you plan to lose by welding/bolting in another brace?
edited your question...

I believe he is talking about BIC's targa bars. Drop a good amount of weight if you take of the sport roof and leave it out of your car. I'll be picking up a set for next summer for sure, but I have my monies going towards an ecu, turbo, intercooler and other engine goodies.

I doubt I'll be going to any meets outside of Raleigh due to the current performance issues with my engine. Hopefully have the engine ready by october/november of this year. Time is money and vice verse, all depends on how much extra I have to shovel at the project.

I would be down for a local supra only meet/greet/eat deal so let me know.....845-519-4840...

Ryan M.

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
7M-KDL;1532961 said:
what weight do you plan to use by welding/bolting in another brace?

InFrntOfU is correct the targa top weighs about 35 or 40 lbs but when out causes chassis flex robbing the wheels of take off torque. However, i dont have the money to buy one as nice as BIC's but i do have some scrap steel bars and an arc welder so it will be a ghetto job until i have the money to drop on some nice ones or until my welding is of good enough quality to make my own nice ones.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
yeh i know about the flex, i have a targa car but i dont remember my top being very heavy. not heavy enough to worry about trying to save weight by taking it out. iirc the targa car is way heavier than the non targa bc of all the structural reinforcement that had to be done. so by removing the top you still weigh a lot more than a regular car. not to mention you say the top weighs 35-40 but your going to put in a steel brace that will likely weigh 7-10 so you really only lose about 20lbs anyway. if it was me, id just spend the money for a few more horsepower and not worry about that 20-30 lbs but to each their own. i would also like to add that i would like a targa brace just for peace of mind/ride quality when riding around with the top off but i just see many other areas to get the weight savings.

edit: also, when i think targa brace i think X brace. however, if you just go with the simple BIC bars then they wont weigh as much.

Last edited:

Toink

Aug 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'll be down for a meet as well, wish someone would come up with a set in stone date haha. I just have to get my new clutch in
p1535530_1.jpg
=D