Starting up club (NC Supra's)

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Athena;1517753 said:
So true. But Organizing something like that takes a little while. The only ones that could even possibly come would be the truly local people.

Christopher

Their are a few who are willing to drive.. It isn't a one time deal were if you dont come you cant join.
I do believe who ever whats to be a member truly has to know about supra's. Not just like, hey i want to join.

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
kamikazemkiii;1517756 said:
Their are a few who are willing to drive.. It isn't a one time deal were if you dont come you cant join.
I do believe who ever whats to be a member truly has to know about supra's. Not just like, hey i want to join.

I'm not saying people won't come, I plan to when we make a date, I'm saying the less time you give everyone to open their schedules for that said time, the less will be able to come. Its not about willing to do it, its about being able to do it.

Also I don't think you meant it the way it sounds to me, but I don't think everyone has to "know" a lot about our cars, the enthusiasm and motivation to learn about them is what I look for when meeting people about; well anything that I'm interested in that they would like to have a conversation about.

Christopher

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Athena;1517919 said:
I'm not saying people won't come, I plan to when we make a date, I'm saying the less time you give everyone to open their schedules for that said time, the less will be able to come. Its not about willing to do it, its about being able to do it.

Also I don't think you meant it the way it sounds to me, but I don't think everyone has to "know" a lot about our cars, the enthusiasm and motivation to learn about them is what I look for when meeting people about; well anything that I'm interested in that they would like to have a conversation about.

Christopher

This isnt the only meet we'll have, looks like the first one though. Thats basically what im getting at, you should get what im saying.
Arent you 2jz'ed?

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
kamikazemkiii;1517927 said:
This isnt the only meet we'll have, looks like the first one though. Thats basically what im getting at, you should get what im saying.
Arent you 2jz'ed?

Yes, Yes I am :naughty:

Though in hindsight, trying to use it as my dd was the worst idea ever. bumper to bumper traffic for the commute? Thought my ankle was gonna break :cry: Went back to my Honda feeling like a little girl. (a little girl with a broken ankle that is XD)

Christopher

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
kamikazemkiii;1518104 said:
That doesn't answer the question, id rather either watch someone do it before i attempt it.

well there are a few videos on youtube that give a pretty good example of how to do it. do you have the tools to roll the fender or are you going to just use a dowel? if you have or know someone who has the right tool it should be quite easy to do. however, since they are expensive most people dont have them. a friend of mine rolled his with a baseball bat. the roller tool bolts to where the rim is and it has some adjustment and a wheel on the end of it. adjust to where you need it and then just make a pass, extend the arm to apply a little more pressure, make another pass. the heat gun is to warm up the paint to keep it from cracking when you bend the metal underneath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irPKDRxufc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqiTfYyaI1A

Last edited:

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Not me... yet
I only have 16' rims with 245's at the moment that came with the car. After the swap and everything that broke in between, I am quite broke.
Someone I know at my shop I go to has 275's on his 2jz Lexus, rolled his fenders, didn't quite get enough clearance, and moved on to other methods XD
I found this out when asking him his opinion on the matter. He suggests not doing so, for the amount of work for that 1/2 inch isn't really worth it, in his opinion.
Myself, I'm not sure of the rolled look yet, I"m still debating how it will look at the end, not just of what I can squeeze in under there.

Christopher

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I live in Richmond, Va but would like to be affiliated with NC Supras. There are a few of us running around in this big state. If you guys ever meet in raleigh or charlotte maybe I could attend a meet. All the guys that live down in newport news and beach are pretty active and have been trying to put a bigger meet together. If we could all combine our efforts for one gianormice meet that would kick ass.

Athena;1517031 said:
Uhhh, not to sound like a dick, but those Saturday dates are for March. Those all fall on Tuesday's in April...:nono:

Aprils are... 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th...

But I'm good either way:biglaugh:

Which means probably not...:nono:

Christopher

yeah. I realized that yesterday. been to busy to jump back on here and correct myself. haha. sorry guys

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Hey there guys, I dont wanna jack your thread but....
We here in Va are planning a large meet on May 22nd . As D7Msupra said we would love to have you guys join us or join you . We have people comming from Ohio, Pa, Md etc. and you are a hell of alot closer than that ! Anyway heres our thread http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?105181-May-2010-Meet please feel free to come join us. If you have questions PM me or Applesauce. Some of the details are still being hammered out but we are at least having the meet at a large Toyota dealership !! I hope you guys are successful in your quest to form a NC supra club !!

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
I personally can't do the April 3rd because my son has a race that day in Va. I also will be coming to the first meet in the bimmer or on the new bike I'm buying. For some reason I decided to sink a bunch of cash into buying a new bike instead of the supra. So the supra is going to be pushed back a few more months.

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
My built 7M won't be ready till September or later...have a lot of things to buy between now and then. I'll definitely drag the supra to a local meet though, but definitely nothing too far outside the Raleigh/Durham area.

P.S. Does anyone here have a paint gun...and/or experience with one? I have access to a large shop, just no paint gun. I'd like to start experimenting and learning. Hoping to do a semi flat black body with a dark/dark blue glossy stripe, then finish with a semi flattened clear.

rm.

Toink

Aug 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Does anybody know when the next NC Imports meet is? We could also show up there with some numbers if that is of interest to anybody.