Stacking Strut tower Brace and Master Cylinder Brace

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
I already have installed the Beech Performance Master Cylinder Brace from the GB last year.
I also just obtained a Trust / Greddy Strut Tower Brace :evil2: (got lucky) and want to stack mount them but the stock bolts are not long enough for both mods.

Has anyone encountered this problem?
Does anyone know if the MKIV or Lexus bolts are longer?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Yes, I already know the STB does nothing to help the handling of our chassis.. bla bla bla....

Thanks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
how thick are both pieces? you cant just remove the nuts and stick both together and put the nuts back on. ive seen a few strut bars and they always have room for 2 nuts.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
IJ, we think alike as I had already thought of combining the units into one mount but.....

I just hate to de-face an original Trust Greddy STB like that. Won't the tuner gods strike me with bad carma if I did such.
Maybe I can extend the bolt some other way. Dunno...
That is what I get for buying shit when I already knew I had fitment issues. I just could not resist buying the Greddy peice.

What's weird is the bolts shown from Wes' groub buy photo's have plenty of room for a STB. Mine are just shorter for some reason. Maybe the bolts on the 91+ are shorter.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Too easy, piece of cardboard trace the G Brace vertical pieces grab some steel replicate them from the cardboard templates trim the base to get the Wanker Bar level, weld them onto Wes's brace coat of paint and you're done!

Put the original somewhere "safe" if it's ever needed you can sell the Bar untouched/molested.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Or, considering that a Strut Tower Brace does NOTHING on our cars, you could just sell it...

(Yea, I know, I know.... Stop trying to use that whole logic/reason thing... )

P.S - And before some of you start disagreeing, be sure you understand the basic design of our double A arm suspension. Once you do you'll also know that the deflection loads inherent in most McPherson Strut front ends don't happen in our design...

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
I know that Mike, read my first post. All FORM, no FUNCTION!!!
I was hoping no one would beat that dead horse and there you go bringin it up yourself....
What is this world coming to???

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
bhmsupra;1511476 said:
I was hoping no one would beat that dead horse and there you go bringin it up yourself....

i_may_have_alzheimers_but_at_least_i_dont_have_a_postcard-p239204639218737413qibm_400.jpg

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
bhmsupra;1511476 said:

::dead horse::

LOL - That's what I get for skimming instead of reading.

(If the horse is dead, why does it keep running around?:biglaugh: )

ps - IJ. Shaddup old man, like you have room to talk.. :D

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
I'll try to post pics tomorrow of just the MCB mounted and it's clear that I am out of runway on the threads.
The Greddy STB is in freight to me from SoCal so maybe I will have a solution before it arrives.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The greddy STB looks exactly like the cheap ones with a greddy sticker on it. Not really special IMHO (unlike maybe the TRD one)