SRT-10 yah or nah?

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Well, I've been looking around for a good truck that meets my requirements. I looked at a toyota tundra, and a dodge diesel. I refuse to have a chevy truck, and ford really likes theirs. So I looked around and found that I can get a Ram SRT-10 for between 25-30K. I was wondering if anyone else had one of these or if anyone knew much about them. I drove one when I was working for carmax in miami. I didn't drive much just around the back lot.

Titus

29Ram.jpg

I want 2 door and all.

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Someone i know has one, its not a bad truck, nice ride and quick. Personally, I would go for a Tundra or X-Runner

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
But it is sexy though...lol. But I'll look at whats better for gas mileage. I'm not on trucks but what about the Titan?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I'd personally get a Chevy. They are the best riding trucks I have been in and can look good if you pick the right model. The SRT-10 makes no sense to me whatsoever. There is only so fast I want to go in a truck and most normal trucks fill that bill already. Although regular cabs look good, they suck ass when it comes to real life.

mkIIIdrifter

Aug 31, 2007
texas
the srt-10 arnt exactly as fast as eveeryone says... my friend used to have one and he kept gettin beat by cars and other trucks, and yes he did have mods. it was fast and nice but the repairs were costly and the gas sucked. but its not a good off road truck. i say get a chevy or somethin and just put the viper engine in it.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
When I worked for Nissan, the Titan was a pretty good truck... plently of power, and nice inside. The only thing was that the front brake rotors warped badly every 3,000 miles or so. Granted, this was back in 2004-2005, so I figure they have probably fixed that by now. You might want to check out to 05+ Nissan Frontiers. The 4.0L V6 they have in them are really good motors, and you can get them with a 6 spd manual... so thats a plus for me. Also, it turns out Chevy isn't as bad as I once thought it was. My 2006 Colorado is actually a pretty good truck, although power is an issue at times due to the 4 cylinder under the hood coupled with the 6,400 ft. elevation of Colorado Springs, lol. It does get good mileage, though. Other than that, I truly believe that the Toyota trucks are worth every penny of what they are selling for. So yeah, theres my 2 cents.

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
mkIIIdrifter said:
the srt-10 arnt exactly as fast as eveeryone says... my friend used to have one and he kept gettin beat by cars and other trucks, and yes he did have mods. it was fast and nice but the repairs were costly and the gas sucked. but its not a good off road truck. i say get a chevy or somethin and just put the viper engine in it.

True. I beat one from a standstill in my BPU MKIII. Maybe he couldnt drive:dunno:

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i like the ford lightning better. The Ram with a viper motor is cool, but its still a big truck. They should have stuffed a V10 in a dakota, now that would be a sick pick-up

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
maybe i look at trucks differently than many others do. i THROW stuff in the back, i drive it off road, it gets scraped, scuffed, muddy, buried in snow, mud, etc...

something 'pretty' like that, to me, is useless. i'd feel bad about throwing shit in it, denting, scraping, roughing it up.

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Well, I'm a tennessee boy at heart and I love trucks. When It comes to going off road I'd take a Diesel hands down and twice on sunday. I haul my bike and occasionally pull a supra. Otherwise I don't really go off road unless I use my dads ford powerstroke. I think I might look into diesels more. As for the lightning, I like em but most places want too much for them. We'll see. I'll probably go back to Carmax in Miami where I bought the truck I have now.

Titus

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
my trucks a pavment princess :( Only thing that goes in the back is snowboards, beer, and supra parts

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
IMO like shaeff, that truck really is useless. Just an overgrown miata with a bed in the back. no 4wd, too expensive to beat on, etc. I would take a duramax chev or powerstroke ford 4x4 anyday(if not for the price!). Still fast and can get 20-25 mpg. Will also pull anything and still do offroad quite well. My grandpa has a 2500HD duramax, the full 4 door one, rides like a car, is quite fast, good mileage, has a factory LSD, and will tear up most cars off the line in 4wd. It does have traction control though which bothers me, wont even let it power brake. He beats the crap out of it, drives it offroad in his back yard, drives it from NC-NJ and from NC to florida every so often, He even drove it all the way to upstate alaska last summer on some gold mininn trip with his friends, he floors it, overloads it, scrapes it all up, backs into shit with the tow hitch, 80k miles already i think...takes it like a champ, never had to go in for warranty work yet either unlike most new chevs

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Well, personally I love diesel. But finding one that I like for the price I want is near impossible. I'm gonna keep looking around and see what I can find.

On a side note, I took some advice and looked at the x-runner. I love the look of it, now I just need to go drive one and see how I like it.
07_TacomaXRunner04.jpg

Titus

Last edited:

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
The only truck i would really want is a svt lightning. I just love the 5.4 v8 with a supercharger plus there fairly cheap to make fast.If you look around and don't buy from a dealer you can get one for a good price. lol as long as your like me and hate mudd and doing any kind of hardwork(like you'd do with a real truck) then i'd get a lightning lol

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Hell no. Cummins Turbo Diesel. Fast trucks are stupid, you have a crotch rocket and a Supra, you don't even need another fast vehicle lol

I actually have heard good things about the Duramax, but coming from the same town as Cummins HQ, all I ever hear when it comes to trucks is Cummins Turbo Diesel.