srsly guys. What's up?

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Supracentral;1549102 said:
One thing is for certain, while the forum can help, it's not going to make your car fast.

Wait a second here, you're saying all my off topic posts are a total waste and are not going to help make my NA faster?!

If anyone is searching for my hopes and dreams they will be found scrapped off on the Supracentral manor door mat.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
shaeff;1549326 said:
And if you like to hug other men... what are ya doin' later? :naughty: I love long hugs, to be held tight, and a good sense of humor. I'll be here all week. ;) I'll have to check my schedule with buckshot, Suprahero, and Slow66 to see when I'm available, though.

So this is why Jay sometimes refers to me as Shaeff by accident...............:naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
shaeff;1549326 said:
I love long hugs, to be held tight, and a good sense of humor.

Don't let him fool you..........his idea of a loooong hug is a thirty second reach around. He is the new leader of the "Minute Men".........:naughty:

Vonda, that was one time, and I've done apologized for it.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
The OP's parent forum does not tolerate stupid at all. He can let you in on that, But most of the members are in the drift scene as drivers and builders. You know people that are building custom shit and breaking said custom shit. The cars they are working with were never meant to do that, while our cars were. I am interpenetrating what he said to mean. That this forum is getting stale. There is not much going on. Most of what is going on here is fluff.

I spent countless hours trying to get information on my 1j swap from this forum. I didn't get much help. Isn't the 1jz a supra motor as well. I have to finally sneak onto another forum that has nothing to do with Supras and just do it my self. The OP was kind of a dick until I let it be known that I attempted to build my own harness and learn. First thing he said to me was " nice to see you doing your own shit". While there are a large number of members doing their own shit. There is a disproportionate number of members that are just talk. I believe that the OP is just attempting to call out those members, not the ones actually doing work.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
mattsplat72;1591312 said:
The OP's parent forum does not tolerate stupid at all. He can let you in on that, But most of the members are in the drift scene as drivers and builders. You know people that are building custom shit and breaking said custom shit. The cars they are working with were never meant to do that, while our cars were. I am interpenetrating what he said to mean. That this forum is getting stale. There is not much going on. Most of what is going on here is fluff.

I spent countless hours trying to get information on my 1j swap from this forum. I didn't get much help. Isn't the 1jz a supra motor as well. I have to finally sneak onto another forum that has nothing to do with Supras and just do it my self. The OP was kind of a dick until I let it be known that I attempted to build my own harness and learn. First thing he said to me was " nice to see you doing your own shit". While there are a large number of members doing their own shit. There is a disproportionate number of members that are just talk. I believe that the OP is just attempting to call out those members, not the ones actually doing work.

I see where OP is coming from.
EVERYONE is a critic yet there are few ambitious individuals that put in work.
Problem is, once those motivated few get done with the projects, they DRIVE their work. They're done sharing and gathering ideas for their builds and move on.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Who said a supra is a sports car designed to go fast? There are plenty of people going fast, maybe they just dont talk to you. Usually people asking questions about other peoples cars are gathering information to learn what needs to be done to there cars.

These are popular cars and most people dont have the funds or know how to do what they want so they stay on the sidelines and watch. Maybe most people dont talk about your cars (assuming your from a different car forum) because no one cares to know anything about them except the people doing it.

This forum is a small community compared to other forums. If you dont want to be here you dont need to be. Sorry we talk to much.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah I like my supra where it is right now, it works and its a little bit faster than stock. Maybe someday I'll decide to go all out, but until then I just want to bs with some other supra owners.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
SupraMario;1549127 said:
I think what he is saying is that a lot of kids come onto this site and talk, but never produce any results.

So solution to your problem hang around the people who do produce results.

yea i think that's what hes trien to say also....there's a lot of rich young kids that mommy and daddy buy them everything for there 400hp supra..But hey its life there's always people like that...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
MKIII VIXEN;1591290 said:
So this is why Jay sometimes refers to me as Shaeff by accident...............:naughty:
:naughty: Must be!
suprahero;1591291 said:
Don't let him fool you..........his idea of a loooong hug is a thirty second reach around. He is the new leader of the "Minute Men".........:naughty:

Vonda, that was one time, and I've done apologized for it.
Lies! :cry:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
dubsupra209;1591419 said:
yea i think that's what hes trien to say also....there's a lot of rich young kids that mommy and daddy buy them everything for there 400hp supra..But hey its life there's always people like that...

Umm who???

Most kids who their parents will buy them shit, DON'T want a Mark III supra...let alone get dirty building one.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
SupraMario;1549127 said:
I think what he is saying is that a lot of kids come onto this site and talk, but never produce any results.

Dude, I just got back! Man, cut me some slack here! :D ... I openly admit I produce nothing of value on here, in regaurds to car repair. I might be able to provide some insight on certain things, but truly this site has been a wealth of knowledge for me. You just have to do a little work to find it. Plus, I find the majority of the people here truly awesome and have missed a lot of 'em while I was away.

OP: Maybe if you spent the time searching instead of creating this thread, you can find the answers you seek.. They're here, and they're worth the looking for.. Until then.. Ignore any further posts from me, I'm useless..

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ashlee, your avatar makes me want to throw one dollar bills at it.

Sorry Chris.........you knows I be playin.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I dont really get whats going on in here. If I ask a fellow supra owner who painted his or her car, its because I am impressed with what I see and would consider using the same painter when my turn comes for paint. People talk shit, are you really suprised by this?? When anyone asks me anything about my car, Im happy to share with them the info they are seeking. Ive done alot of work on my car myself. Ive also had alot of work done by Randy @ BIC. At the end of the day everything about my car is just the way I want it. The way I envisioned it while doing my research here on SM. Im proud of what Ive done and am happy if I can inspire someone eles.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Woah I made this thread when I was drunk one night. Pretty neat it got replies.

Yeah I was just mad about all the supra people I know in real life haha. Blowing off steam ya know? Not really searching for answers or anything. I'm good on those :)

Oh hey mattsplat!

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Jayhall;1591597 said:
I dont really get whats going on in here. If I ask a fellow supra owner who painted his or her car, its because I am impressed with what I see and would consider using the same painter when my turn comes for paint. People talk shit, are you really suprised by this?? When anyone asks me anything about my car, Im happy to share with them the info they are seeking. Ive done alot of work on my car myself. Ive also had alot of work done by Randy @ BIC. At the end of the day everything about my car is just the way I want it. The way I envisioned it while doing my research here on SM. Im proud of what Ive done and am happy if I can inspire someone eles.

I couldn't agree more Daryl. I've done a large chunk of the work on my Supra, but I'm not afraid to admit I've enlisted the help of friends and a couple shops to work on my Supra more than once, especially if I was either wayyy too busy to do it myself or simply didn't trust my abilities enough. We all build our Supra's for ourselves and only ourselves, although sometimes we may copy or get a really good idea from another Supra member (which is a compliment to them). There should never be a reason to lie about what's been done to your Supra or by who. Most people when you tell them the straight truth will respect you for your honesty, I know I do. So what if your Supra is multi-colored right now and that there's a lot of things that need to be addressed? There's always something to do on our cars and we all know that everything takes time and money, sometimes a lot of both. And we musent forget that sometimes things don't always go the way we plan them to but we must always keep moving forward, even if that means only doing a little bit of work on the Supra every day (even just fixing or adjusting something), for as we do we are making progress and showing our Supra that we truely do care about it.

johnd

Supramania Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
Ont. CA.
[strike].[/strike] - Inappropriate - SC.
Naw i'm guilty, hang around the jz section long enough to make good hp and then find other sections in the forum.

Last edited: