"Spinningheadboy's Interior rebuild- Black Leather Heated Seats & Alcantara Dashboard

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Finished the drivers seat today, had to replace some rotton foam on the bolsters. Seat heaters are installed on both front seats and they warm up nice and toasty.....just in time for summer.

Bottom seat attached to the power seat base.
in56.jpg

in57.jpg

Warming up the leather before fitting.
in58.jpg

Finished seat....still going to heat it up to get it even tighter....but happy so far.
in59.jpg

in60.jpg

Now just the passenger door panel and the dash to fix....then it's finished.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Update: After fitting a new power antenna and finishing my speaker installs, I installed the rear seats.

in61.jpg

I am trying to fix a used dash up a bit to complete my interior upgrades.......
cwd

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Looks awesome.

What are you doing for the dash?

Some black suede would be sick. Might not match the best tho. Just some nice thick black leather would be nice tho.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Looks like I'm going with black Alcantara for the dash. I stripped all the vinyl off the donor dash today, and the real Alcantara material is in the mail!

I'm also replacing the heater core which was new last year....lasted two months before it blew....brand new too.

cwd

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Here is my donor dash with all the burgundy vinyl removed. I sanded out most of the rotten foam and I am filling in holes and imperfections with spray foam. This material is easy to sand and form when dry and stays pliable. Once I have it built up again it will be ready for the alcantara.

in73.jpg

cwd

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Well.....still working on this project. My heater core has been replaced, but now I'm trying to finish the dash in black alcantara. This perhaps was a job beyond my skills......but I guess that's how I learn things....like most everything with this car.

The dash has been sanded, smoothed, and filled. I then used thin sheets of poly packing material to make my pattern for the dash.
in74.jpg

in76.jpg

Alcantara ready for cutting.
in77.jpg

All sewn and ready for me to glue and stretch the material tight.......wish me luck, because I'll need it.
in75.jpg

I might show finished pictures of the dash......depends on if its good enough to show.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
xzeror;1743993 said:
lol good luck... looks like u have a ton of work ><

Thanks....most of the hard work is finished (sewing)....the cover fits and is ready to be glued.....I love the fun of $100 a yard material, no pressure....this is what I wanted.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
It will get done....question is will I think it looks good enough to go back in the car.

My shadow grey dash was sun baked and was very brittle.

The donor dash looked good, but it was just as brittle and cracked while I was prepping it for paint. The next step if I'm not happy with the outcome is to flock the dash......but that is the last resort. I'm at the stage where this needs to just get finished, one way or another.

cwd

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Well....its almost finished with just the lower knee panel to finish.....but I think it turned out ok. I know for my first dash with sewing included, it could have been a nightmare.....but I'm pleased for now.
in78.jpg

in79.jpg

in80.jpg

in81.jpg

in82.jpg

This was harder than the seat covers by a mile.

cwd

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
so what are you going to do with the shadow grey door panels i know you did the inserts black leather what about the rest of the door panel...

and also are you going to get new carpet too?

looking good for your 1st time