Spark plugs

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Ok after reading about everything I can find I still have one question.
Here are a couple "facts" that evidence seems to support (I am posting this here not as fact but for verification of what I have read)
Even though the Coppers have less resistance there is enough volts and amps going through the plugs to make this a mute point...
Coppers wear down so fast that any gain that would be seen is gone after only a few thousand miles or less
Now for the main question I have

Is it true that platinum or iridium plugs tend to run hot enough to cause predetination in high hp engines
According to the mass majority of shit online this seems to be the case however I cannot find proof to back it up

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
exactly what i was wondering. my tuner said to NOT get iridiums or platinums. even when i was in the dsm game, people just used coppers.
has anyone used the brisk plugs that were mentioned a few posts back?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jdmfreak;1971376 said:
Ok after reading about everything I can find I still have one question.
Here are a couple "facts" that evidence seems to support (I am posting this here not as fact but for verification of what I have read)
Even though the Coppers have less resistance there is enough volts and amps going through the plugs to make this a mute point...
Coppers wear down so fast that any gain that would be seen is gone after only a few thousand miles or less
Now for the main question I have

Is it true that platinum or iridium plugs tend to run hot enough to cause predetination in high hp engines
According to the mass majority of shit online this seems to be the case however I cannot find proof to back it up

I tracked a high boost high rpm misfire down to IR's glowplugging, changed to Coppers and it went away but this was an extreme case 28+ Psi 8000+ rpm long pulls.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I want to know too cause all I see is just your wrong but no come back all mighty

but these are books I have studied for my courses to become a certificated auto mechanic

plus the stuff I have tried though out the years

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IJ.;1971379 said:
I tracked a high boost high rpm misfire down to IR's glowplugging, changed to Coppers and it went away but this was an extreme case 28+ Psi 8000+ rpm long pulls.

I figure this is from the smaller electrode form my gathering, this is why I am thinking of running the silver plugs, there better then copper plus it has about the same size electrode and have more corrosion resistance running e85 ect but i still reading about what is the best plug since we don't have that here in canada

If you look at the v powers my thought's are that the ark will alter and change between the 2 high spots in the grove to provide the best ground but will ware faster

plus to add that i did not befor there is factor when you run leaner on the side of stioch the sparkplug has a harder time to engage the spark ark since there is more air vs it was on the richer side of things

this all comes down to voltage in the end

edited

Last edited: