Spark plugs

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Platinum are stock and will last longer. I would recommend those for a ge.

Coppers won't last long and are not really needed for a ge.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
hvyman;1967615 said:
Platinum are stock and will last longer. I would recommend those for a ge.

Coppers won't last long and are not really needed for a ge.

that's silly

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
coppers for me all day long no matter what I run in less noted from the manufacture saying that it will cause issues IE car suppost to run iridium, multi tang ground post plug or reg platuimn plug in newer cars were the combustion chambers are designed around how the spark kernels shape when it ignite's the fuel to pervent pinging

copper's on the stock coil will last for some time not an every oil change plug like alot of people say

granted run a multi spark box or really hot coil it will ware quicker then most

Stock heat range and copper plug good to go and that's a fact from a mechanic/tunner

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Thats why 7m's turbo and non turbo come with platinum stock?

High hp coppers sure. Stock or near stock non turbo why go through the hassle of changing plugs more often when its not needed?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
hvyman;1967824 said:

High hp coppers sure. Stock or near stock non turbo why go through the hassle of changing plugs more often when its not needed?

Exactly. There is a sticker on the fan shroud of my 7mge that says platinum plugs every 60k.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
NashMan;1967814 said:
and that's a opinion from a shitty mechanic/tunner

ftfy

Coppers have less electrical resistance, but that's all that's going for them. They're shit for durability though and my time is worth more than the difference in price.

Most modern cars come with iridiums to last well over 100K miles. Over the long term, they're actually CHEAPER.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Poodles;1967863 said:
ftfy

Coppers have less electrical resistance, but that's all that's going for them. They're shit for durability though and my time is worth more than the difference in price.

Most modern cars come with iridiums to last well over 100K miles. Over the long term, they're actually CHEAPER.

and this is why I hate you and every thing ya stand for you flipping jack ass fuck i hate know it all inter net people

moderation should be taken for you cause you abuse it

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
hvyman;1967824 said:

well yes ya will have to change them out or pull them out to be re-gapped kinda pulling a number out of my head but 20,000 km is about the life of a copper plug

so i may put about 20,000 km every year on my dd's s once a year change is not bad for me

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
ejanure7.jpg