SP61GT finally here

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
here is what i will be installing this weekend. It took Sound Performance a long time to get it here but i will finally have a decent turbo on my car. I just got my engine back together last august and my aem tuned for stock ct and 440.
The sp61gt has the sp dp and turbine housing. Not the housing for the bolt on oem style dp. Till now i spent all this time and cash to run a 220,000 mile stock CT26. Not for much longer.

The external wg is in a weird position. I will be installing 700cc blitz injectors too.

Attachments

• sp61gti.jpg
    sp61gti.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 154
  • sp61dp3.jpg
    sp61dp3.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 194
  • sp61gtT.jpg
    sp61gtT.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 185

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i hope the wg set will have a smooth control and not be jumpy. SP forgot i wanted a recirculating wg instead of a dump tube after it was welded up. They created this and had it coated again.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
interesting oil drain..... SP send you that one or is that the one that you had made? mine looks a bit different. youll love that turbo!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Wow, Hal, looks awesome... Im with IJ on the w/g set up... Looks great, hope it flows proper... The craftsmanship looks great...

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
IJ. said:
Not sure how well the back angle on the dump tube is going to work flow wise Hal....
I have the same concern. It's pointing at a horrible angle which may significantly disturb the flow through the DP.

I love the polished compressor housing and coated turbine. Mine has neither. *frowns*

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
IJ. said:
Going to be some really interesting expansion issues as the first 90 tries to straighten as it heats up and the WG and plumbing say "No".....

When i was welding we had to bend some frames (that hold rollers for conveyor belts on minesites) due to the heat pulse welders put out we had to heat and cool opposite sides to bend the frame back into shape.Quite interesting to watch the boilermakers heat up a V shape and add wet rags to the other end and then you can see the frame start to move :icon_surp

Nice turbo btw,Hope it installs straightforwards and no hidden suprises.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
been away.

apparently SP did not know/remember i did not want a open dump tube. This was after the dp was made and coated. Tim put this together and had it coated again. It seems most mk3 people get open dumps but i did not want all that noise. He is making a jig that will do this a little differently.
I am hoping to get this going this weekend. I dont have a cam corder unfortunately. I will post what i learn. My front oil seal is leaking but i wont fix that yet.

This is the sp61gt with the larger T4P trim exhaust housing. It will bolt up to the stock manifold but requires a dp. The direct bolt on with oem dp does not flow as much and with 9:1 compression i should still get good spool. Maybe i should have gone sp63?

Everything you see came from SP including oil lines. It has a 7.5 psi spring in the wg. The aem will be suppling boost control so i will probably be selling my blitz spec R. The kit was about $2200. I will retire my 16 year old CT to a prominate spot to display. Everything better bolt up properly. Gonna have a good wrenching weekend and hopefully tuning Saturday.