Southern Rebuild....IT LIVES!!!!!

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Today my friend and I spent the day finishing up my motor and dropping it into "Mid-Life Crisis". Once we got the timing fixed she fired right up! Then the fun started. Chasing down air leaks, gas leaks, and other little problems. Tomorrow we are going to fix all the little problems and get the motor running.

So far this is what I have done to the motor:

Block decked .020
Head shaved .010
Cranked turned 10/10
Stock rods and pistons
New SRI

I'm hoping that I got those numbers right. I've been breathing exhaust fumes. The only thing that worries me is the fact that the pistons come up above the block at TDC. It leaves no room for errors when it comes to the timing of the motor.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Where are you in Alabama? And we need pictures of this so-called build. This little ole state of Alabama is getting quite a few of us Supra owners. And yes, most of us are living out our own mid-life crisis.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hope you get all sorts of Supra goodies.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Last night I went for a late night drive in the Supra. Definitely more power than my Integra! I also got pulled over for no plates. I explained that I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the car because it was hard to find parts for the car but I finally got the car running and I decided to keep theSupra. The cop was cool and told me to drive back to my house and park the car until I had plates on the car. If the cop wanted to be an asshole this is what I would have been looking at:

No plates
No insurance
No exhaust
No title or bill of sales

The no title or bill of sales would have been enough for them to take my car. Strangely enough thecop never once mentioned about me going 55 MPH in a 40 zone. I'm going to be doing alot of good deeds to replace the good karma I burned off last night.

uglymk3

Mar 25, 2007
Cincinnati
haha I got stopped for the same thing once, right when I got the car. I had my tags from my old eclipse on it. Cop was nice enough to let me go, talk about luck... 80 in a 65. I have no idea what I was thinking

Justin727

T-virus infected
labrat469 said:
Hello from ******Tuscaloosa,*******

I've recently bought a 1988 NA Supra with targa top as a graduation present to myself for spending the last two years going to school full-time and working full-time.

I purchased the car for 600 USD because it had a knock. Appearently rod #5 spun and ate it's bearing. So the block, crankshaft, and piston assemblies are in the shop getting checked out. I'm waiting to hear back from the shop before deciding which direction the motor rebuild will go.

The good news is I have friends that rebuilds motors for a living and will get me the parts I need at wholesale prices

He's about a 3 hour drive north of me..

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Now that I got the motor running and not marking it's turf I can start on the bodywork. Oh and I'll get some of before and after pics for you pic hounds. I plan on a silver and metallic black color scheme.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If I was you, I'd paint it blue...............:biglaugh:

Welcome to Supramania. Keep an eye out in the South eastern region during the spring for a supra meet., Jay

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Justin727 said:
Ha! good job on the way to restore that thing! What about the conquest/starion next to it in the last few pics? Interested into getting rid of it?

That belongs to a friend of mine. He's going to gut the car and drop a 302 into it. If it was mine I would rebuild the motor it has in it and put a bigger turbo on it.

Justin727

T-virus infected
labrat469 said:
That belongs to a friend of mine. He's going to gut the car and drop a 302 into it. If it was mine I would rebuild the motor it has in it and put a bigger turbo on it.

:nono: what a waste. if there were plenty of those cars around i wouldn't care. The car is a rare car and cheap to build. what a sad day :nono:

bitch slap him