sooooooo i dyno'd my car

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
hey sm figured id share with you guys what i made. this past weekend the was the annual diesel days at our drag strip and the day after the shop that puts it on has jefferson state diesel bring their portable dyno jet for a dyno day. ive been wanting to see what my car makes but its just so far to drive to do some pulls other wise. the wonderful thing was i broke my trans a couple weeks before so it was a shitshow trying to get it done in time but i did. literally put my trans in my car and went to the dyno the same day :aigo:

anywho it made 564whp/517wtq at 22psi. im pleased with what it made and its pretty fun how the let you drive the car for the pulls. heres a video of the highest hp pull and the graph. the lower hp pull was off wastegate at 14-15psi

mods are
2jz na-t
s363
ffim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oys26imI770

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
akito;2058672 said:
Solid number!! What other mods do you have atm?

not much really

walbro 255
lex/550's
afpr
safc2
aem tru boost
tail mvr44
os giken twin disk
tt hg/arp's
7m ecu!!!
oh and 110 race gas so i don't blow it up lol

im sure my injectors and pump are pretty much maxed out thats why i didnt try to run more boost. with some more fuel i bet it would make over 600whp in the 25psi range :biglaugh:

but the cars pretty fast and seems to work well so idk if i want to mess with it. maybe over the winter when im bored and theres no racing i'll get some 750's and walbro 400 but not for sure yet.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
holy shitnuts man!
Those are some strong numbers, especially on piggybacks and running the AFM still.
Good job!!!

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
eaither he's jacked the fuel pressure up really high and pulled tons from the S-AFC to keep it from reading over 1550 HZ or I have no idea...

Also I maxed out my 1jz at 22 PSI @ 523 WHP and 50 base fuel pressure. Basically, I had NO fuel left and jumping the base pressure to 55 caused me to go leaner.

I'd be very very careful if I was you... In fact I'd dial it back 2 psi to be safe. How are your AF's? I couldn't stay under 12.5 when I was 22 psi which is why I backed it out 2 psi.

Then i could hold a steady 11.3-11.5, and a sane EGT number.

Nice numbers BTW! Really good stuff! So what are you doing to get the boost that high? You should consider getting an emanage blue and using my wiring diagrams to wire it up. That way you can use the additional injection feature which allows you to manipulate the injector spray duration instead of the AFM signal which wacks out timing and everything else also when you put bigger injectors it will scale the map thought he (whacking out the timing again, but only a small amount instead of the huge amount needed for not hitting FCO) Also it will allow you to clamp the ECU from hitting FCO like the HKS FCD, but at least you can set the clam yourself, and use the Greddy map sensor to add fuel past the FCD point. (if this all makes sense)

Basically, i'm saying a 150$ piggy back can do what you need to do to get big numbers. Maybe the EMU piggy back can do this stuff now too and better...

btw why do they give people dynos in MPH, so worthless since you can' see when the car spools unless you do a bunch of calculations.

SeeUSmile

Nov 22, 2012
Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
Well they're uncorrected numbers to SAE standard but still they are raw figures. Just makes it harder to compare it to previous figures under same conditions. But dam didn't realize how much of a difference race gas can do.

Great work.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
GreenChevelleSS;2058736 said:
How are you getting that much out of a 7m ecu without fuel cut?

i guess i'll spill the beans on how i did it. i removed the screw for the afm housing which got me to a pretty high boost cut then to go further i run 43psi base fuel pressure and pull fuel on the afc which makes fuel cut go up even more. im pulling about 12% on race gas and on pump 8%. with it like that i don't hit fuel cut at all and it pulls pretty dam hard! on race gas its like 12ish/1 afr and on pump i have it at like 11ish/1 afr.

Zazzn;2058798 said:
eaither he's jacked the fuel pressure up really high and pulled tons from the S-AFC to keep it from reading over 1550 HZ or I have no idea...

Also I maxed out my 1jz at 22 PSI @ 523 WHP and 50 base fuel pressure. Basically, I had NO fuel left and jumping the base pressure to 55 caused me to go leaner.

I'd be very very careful if I was you... In fact I'd dial it back 2 psi to be safe. How are your AF's? I couldn't stay under 12.5 when I was 22 psi which is why I backed it out 2 psi.

Then i could hold a steady 11.3-11.5, and a sane EGT number.

Nice numbers BTW! Really good stuff! So what are you doing to get the boost that high? You should consider getting an emanage blue and using my wiring diagrams to wire it up. That way you can use the additional injection feature which allows you to manipulate the injector spray duration instead of the AFM signal which wacks out timing and everything else also when you put bigger injectors it will scale the map thought he (whacking out the timing again, but only a small amount instead of the huge amount needed for not hitting FCO) Also it will allow you to clamp the ECU from hitting FCO like the HKS FCD, but at least you can set the clam yourself, and use the Greddy map sensor to add fuel past the FCD point. (if this all makes sense)

Basically, i'm saying a 150$ piggy back can do what you need to do to get big numbers. Maybe the EMU piggy back can do this stuff now too and better...

btw why do they give people dynos in MPH, so worthless since you can' see when the car spools unless you do a bunch of calculations.

you're pretty much right but im not pulling that much fuel with the afc. removing the screw is what really makes fuel cut go up. i researched what hp the walbro 255 can supply and with the fuel pressure i run its right around the hp i dyno'd. funny thing is yes the more fuel pressue you run on the walbro it actually flows less. thats why i tried to keep it low as possible.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1404-fuel-pump-shootout/

and they're diesel guys idk why they had it like that either. id prefer rpm too. they got the crank signal from my crank pull to instead of a plug wire pickup thats why the torque went all crazy cause my motor moved to where it threw the reading off from the sensor they had mounted to the ramp.

my theory with running bigger injectors and pump was so im not on the limit of what they can do. so i can run less fuel pressure and pull the same fuel for the same results. or pull like 15% or whatever it takes to hit 25-26psi then it should do well over 600whp. i only run it like that with race gas too. on pump the most it sees is 18psi.

SeeUSmile;2058808 said:
Well they're uncorrected numbers to SAE standard but still they are raw figures. Just makes it harder to compare it to previous figures under same conditions. But dam didn't realize how much of a difference race gas can do.

Great work.

Since im at sea level i guess having it uncorrected doesn't matter but idk for sure. i was door to door with a 2015 z06 those come with 650hp and are the same weight as me 3500lbs so the numbers are dead on if you go off that. a guy with a new twin turbo inline 6 bmw dyno'd his car and made 380 and was expecting to hit low 400's compared to other cars with his mods so i don't think it was reading abnormally high.

thanks though maybe it'll give other members some motivation and see you dont have to blow tons of money on a standalone to go fast necessarily :biglaugh:

Ive got the DET3 so i am on map sensor instead of afm so once I get my injectors, afpr and walbro installed. Im hoping to get 400ish hp. By your recommendation im running that .83ar s362 on my 7m. Well see what happens, motor is apart right now getting the upgrades mentioned plus new oil pump and full flow oil cooler.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
GreenChevelleSS;2058817 said:
Ive got the DET3 so i am on map sensor instead of afm so once I get my injectors, afpr and walbro installed. Im hoping to get 400ish hp. By your recommendation im running that .83ar s362 on my 7m. Well see what happens, motor is apart right now getting the upgrades mentioned plus new oil pump and full flow oil cooler.

nice! i think you'll like it. that turbo will do 400's easy with lots of room to go :biglaugh:

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
thanks and yeah for sure its a lot of fun! other than at autocross i run wastegate or id prolly fly into a fence lol

have you made any passes in your car? curious how much the auto drops times.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
Nosechunks;2059919 said:
Not yet with this setup. Are the 1/4 mile times in your sig accurate to these power figures?

not really i ran 11.4 the first time i went to bracket racing day when they really prep the track and i had a boost leak that day was only on 20psi. i ran at the street legals and was trapping 126 but that was spinning in 1st and some of 2nd cause people are dumbasses and drive through the water in then don't burnout :nono: it was on 22psi then. so i bet it would have knocked a tenth or two off my time. if i could hit that 1.6 60ft on like 22psi i think it might do 10's with a perfect pass. or 25ish psi would make it a little easier lol but that can wait till next year :biglaugh:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Im hoping to get to the track by the end of the year. Hoping to pinch off a 9.999999. Car hauls and at 23psi i was beating guys that have run 10.50's on the street. So with 25-30psi, i think itll be enough unless it breaks.

At 15PSI i made a run on a prepped street from 0-112 in 9.8 seconds. So i think that would be on its way to a mid-to-low 11 at 120-125. And thats at 15psi, the difference from 15 to 25 psi is retarded. So at 25-30psi, Im hoping for single digits.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
yeah from what ive seen the auto cars run significantly faster in the 1/4 between the 60fts from leaving off the trans brake and less shifts. drag racing with a manual is definitely challenging. id like to make a couple 10 second passes but anymore than that id need a roll bar which i don't really want cause it makes the car a lot less practical.

running 9's would be awesome though when you do make it out post your times!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Absolutely will. I have same concerns for the track. NHRA says faster then 11.50 requires a rollbar 5PT. Then faster then 10.99 needs an 8PT cage. Im not doing either. So its going to be tricky to get in and not get thrown out.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
i thought its 10-11.5 for a roll bar then under 10 cage. i could be wrong though. i do know 11.5 is the cut off for no roll bar though cause they told me i can only run under it a couple times or i have to let off if i want to run more :(

11.5 was my goal though so i was happy. now im like id like to hit a 10 though. its never ending i swear......lol

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
I believe 10.99 or 135mph is 8 or 10PT cage. I think you also need a transmission blanked or clutch scatter shield below 10.99 also. Driveshaft loop, battery switch, It's crazy. Technology has come so far then need to loosen these Regs. People have dailys in the 9's now. It's like you can't even take a street car to the track anymore.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
hahaa yeah those rules are pretty old by now based of when oem cars were much slower and less safe. id think whatever track you go to will let you make a couple passes full tilt to see where you're at. you could say you want to know how fast it is to see how far you have to go with safety equipment. then again our track is pretty relaxed. its a small little strip like 10ft from the ocean.