Something I've been wondering for a long time...

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Have a look at this picture below. What does this light do (it is green, and sticks out of the panel under the steering wheel by the way...sorry for the shitty picture)? My car has no factory alarm or anything like that, so it wouldn't be from that. The reason I ask is because I have never ever seen that light on, until last night when I was installing my clutch pedal....I bumped something and the light turned on, which actually made installing the cotter pin in the clutch a lot easier. A little while later, it turned off. I don't get it. Anyone know what the hell this thing is for?
p1055954_1.jpg

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
It's an interior light so you can see when you are getting in your car in the dark. It plugs into the steering column cover.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
If you are talking about the lower cover (interior colored...not the black steering column cover), then yeah...I've just never seen the light on before.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I replaced mine with a blue LED, looks VERY nice at night..

it turns on when you open the door and turns off a few seconds after you close it, it lights up with the key ring...

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
werewolves182;1056011 said:
Ive often wondered he same thing, I have never seen mine on. A little off topic but damn, your carpet looks really clean! Stock Interiors.com?

autocarpetpros.com

not the greatest fit, but so much better than the 250k mile oem one that was in there.

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
adampecush;1055990 said:
If you are talking about the lower cover (interior colored...not the black steering column cover), then yeah...I've just never seen the light on before.

Yes, that lower cover that sits directly above your feet and clips to the steering rack and bolts to the knee bolster.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
thats what the thingy is.... huh, I think I'll replace it with a led. I always figured it was a burned out alarm led or something.