Someone who knows about "Turbo A" Supras!

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
About the only way to tell if that is a true Turbo-A unit,
is if the seller would show the inlet, which on the Turbo-A is much larger.

Translation:
TOYOTA/CT26 set. Not to limit it is the stock item of the used item which is close to the new item. That with about new model car 500km you exchanged to the turbine of other companies, after the procuring, it was not with thing, kept either the opportunity of exchange. Because those of the photograph are the accessory, please verify. EX casting number 42010 is.  You think that it understands that it is not used even from burning condition. Because it is the large amount item, it is preliminary inspection delivery OK. (As for teasing NG) Once, judgment it receives with the photograph concerning the used item and asks with NC/NR. 

If it was a Turbo-A, the seller would have said so, since they are very rare, and sell for a lot.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
They're all 7mgteu's. That turbo isn't off a Turbo-A car.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
did some googling around seems like some ct-26 does have the "A" stamped on it for no reason. this turbo probably isn't turbo "A".

Thanks for all the feedback.

white_mk_2

Feb 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
gofastgeorge;1395644 said:
About the only way to tell if that is a true Turbo-A unit,
is if the seller would show the inlet, which on the Turbo-A is much larger.

This is true, I have seen a real turbo A CT-26 in person and the compressor wheel looks noticeably larger like a 57 or 60 trim upgraded CT-26. The turbine wheel is also larger and the housing is longer with a larger heatshield. Even with the very small pic in that listing you can tell that the compressor wheel is the normal everyday CT.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
hvyman;1395653 said:
i thought i read that the turbo a tiurbos had a A on them or is the A on all of them?

92TealSupra;1395665 said:
All my Ct-26's had a A on them.

( :

All the CT26's I've come across had a capital A on them.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I have a Turbo-A turbo sitting here, it has an 'A' on it, but then so does the standard compressor housing I have.
The visual difference is that it has a much larger inducer than the standard.

Also FYI, the Turbo-A still had the same crap style intercooler, but it had like 5 extra rows (pass tubes) in it.
The '3000' pipe on the -A was full diameter from one end to the other,
and the throttle body was 65mm instead of 60mm, and was a thicker casting,
so it could be bored to 70mm.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
The Turbo A intercooler is physically larger, and has larger piping on it.

Its basically exactly the same as a stock JZA-70 core but with the piping layout to suit the 7M. If anyone has laid out a 7M and JZA70 core side by side you can see there is a reasonable size difference.

Unfortunately that doesnt save it from being the same type of core though

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
was the turbo A items you had hard to obtain "gofastgeorge"? Cost arm and leg? If you have one if you can take a picture of it next to a regular ct-26 that would be very interesting seeing as few of us has ever seen one.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I'll try & figure out what box I have it hiding in, and snap some pictures.

They are difficult to find, since there were only 500 Turbo-As built.