Soldier's Jeep Vandalized

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
that's screwed up, and that's part of the reason why i don't like college.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
We've done that here for regular people. ;) It's fantastic when any community comes together to help out for a cause like that.

<3 Supramania.

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
I guess the people dont realize that one of the only reasons they are even alive is because of soldiers...

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I don't mean to sound like an asshole but.... Thats what car insurance is for.... No need to donate anything. Car insurance will cover it if he had full coverage. He's an army vet so thats a huge discount on all insurances + purchases...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Still have to cover the deductable... possible rise in rates...

I've never put my life on the line for my country, but I don't think this is the thanks that I would want.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
OneJArpus;1145047 said:
He's an army vet so thats a huge discount on all insurances + purchases...

Negative.

Things like your age and driver record are still taken into account. It also depends on the insurance company. Only thing that I got with my vet status was free vehicle registration and property taxes for the rest of the year after I returned home.

Last edited:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
CTsupra;1145094 said:
Negative.

Things like your age and driver record are still taken into account. It also depends on the insurance company. Only thing that I got with my vet status is free vehicle registration and property taxes for the rest of the year after I returned home.

oh ok then i was misinformed by a vet.

But on a side note his insurance cant be much higher then my liability insurance for NJ.

Its all covered anyway.

Don't get me wrong! It sucks to have your car vandled especially for something like serving your country pround... But i disagree with donating money.

mkiiSupraMan18;1145088 said:
Still have to cover the deductable... possible rise in rates...

I've never put my life on the line for my country, but I don't think this is the thanks that I would want.

This is true, thats y you still have insurance. 500 deductible to pay off 10K in damage. 9,500 paid by your insurance company. Slight raise yes but its still covers it. Thats the point of insurance.

Even if his deductible is 2,000 you are recommended to have 2,000 saved for such occasion. Its call accidents for a reason and thats y you get the extra coverage for other shit like natural disasters and stupid people.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol

I'd rather donate to a cause like this than to welfare/social security/etc. etc.

besides, noone is MAKING them. The guy didn't post up saying 'zomgz sum1 pwnt muh jeepz!' Complete strangers helping out someone who is fighting for our country and has fallen victim to some idiot that thought he had a good idea and tried to prove a point.

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
that shit is nuts!!! glad to see a large comunity come together like that!!! the jeep and offroad comunity is nothing to mess with! they are a tight knit :)

i hope they catch the vandal and curb stomp his face into the new front bumper of that jeep LOL

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
"Dallas police said Whitlow's case is not considered a hate crime because military personnel cannot be members of a hate crime."

Thats bullshit. If that isn't hate I don't know what is. As many cameras as this country has and every school I have ever attended had, I would expect some film of the little turds. Then some old school attitude adjustment needs to happen.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Hate crimes are garbage anyway. Murdering someone becasue they're different doesn't make it any worse than just murding someone...