Sold my 1JZ yesterday - STOP: bimmertime

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1243361 said:
I also noticed that it's a '95. :) '95 is my favorite year for these cars, simply due to the fact that it's easier to modify them.

thats correct and alot more parts for the s50 motors :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I'd check, but the one of the things that I despise about BF.c is that the "server is too busy, try again later" or any other stupid message that prevents me from viewing the site. I swear, it's like the Supraforums of BMW's sometimes. LOL.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1243517 said:
I'd check, but the one of the things that I despise about BF.c is that the "server is too busy, try again later" or any other stupid message that prevents me from viewing the site. I swear, it's like the Supraforums of BMW's sometimes. LOL.

hah yeah i just tried opening the link but its tell me its to busy!! lol . :3d_frown:

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
We basically spent 8 hours trying to bleed my brakes and now they don't work at all...

Here's the gist of what I posted:

I made the mistake of trying to do some proactive maintenance on my 'new' M3 and get rid of the nasty black brake fluid that was in the reservoir.

We cracked open the bleeder screw on the right rear caliper and attached our vacuum bleeder which pulled about a 20 in-hg vacuum and held it without ever pulling any fluid.

Okay, well that's a little strange, so I open up the bleeders on the other calipers and again nothing comes out.

Switched to a pressure bleeder on the master cylinder at 20psi and still nothing comes out. Tank holds 20psi almost indefinitely.

Reservoir dry? Nope. Completely topped off and the level never changes.

Maybe the bleeder screws are rusted? Nope. Even taking them completely out yields no fluid.

Even when leaving the screws out completely for an hour no fluid comes out.

And, of course now with the bleeder screws closed the pedal goes straight to the floor and you can still turn the wheels by hand.

My current plan of action is to pull off the rubber lines and check for fluid there, but after that I'm completely stumped and out of ideas.

The brakes worked perfectly up to this point. Grabbed hard and had no sponge at all, but there was some pulsation.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Fixed. Turns out I had an air pocket to end all air pockets in the ABS pump. Just had to manually actuate it and the fluid came pouring out.

whew.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Cool. :) I came back looking for an update on your situation!

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Had a little detail done and it was "sunny" aka: only raining a little in Oregon so I took some pictures yesterday.

I installed an H1 HID kit into my Depo's to tide me over - I made custom shields without the E-Code Upticks which is nice - it gave me a much sharper cutoff compared to the standard shields and added a lot of purple to the line, both good things. The color was probably due to the extremely thin metal I used to make the shield. Bad thing is the kit I had laying around was 6000K and it gives me a damn headache with the blueness. Luckily it's only temporary.

Anyway, on to some pics.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Oh and I forgot to mention I found someone parting out a dove gray interior somewhat locally so I'm going to get his front/rear seats, carpet, floor mats, and rear interior panels, probably this weekend.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
if the vac pump doee not work or the old pump pump bs crack the line at the master tri again you most likyl have a air bubble in there most case it's in the abs unit and some of them not sure on your wiht have blead scress on them or just simple crack a line

oh yae if there is bubble in there cheak master and your less may have a leak

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
He got it already, Nash. ;)

Sounds like you've got your ducks in a row! I will NEVER go over 5000k with HID's again. It's pretty useless. I'm a big fan of 4300-5000k, and it produces the most usable light as well. :)

This reminds me, I have to update my thread! LOL.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Yeah I got the brakes fixed - see hot pics in my last post :)

Seriously, fuck 6000K - I got way more output with my D2R's in casper's shields on my supra.

After seeing how easy these come apart I'm getting amped to do a retrofit.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i might be selling my e46 bmw :( for 86 rolla

i got to for cheep buddie offerd me more money then i paid

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
spipe- Can't see the pics, as I'm at work and they're blocked. But if they're the same pics you posted on BF.c, then the car looks fantastic! :)

Nash, LOL.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i chould not bare to drive one to much of a kids car but the truck on the other hand

is hella pimp i think of it as big old shopping cart