Sold my 1JZ yesterday - STOP: bimmertime

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
shaeff;1231633 said:
That Hellrot w/ black/tan interior is hot. (And I don't like red!) The interior is sex!

And yeah, I noticed the MKIII immediately!

For what it's worth, there are guys turbocharging their 150k+ mile e36 M3's, pushing 400+rwhp with no issues at all. The motors are stout!

Just take care of any VANOS issues, and check the oil pump nut, which you should do on ANY of these cars.

Yeah I kind of liked that one and I've never seen that color combo on the interior. Just wish it wasn't a branded title. I emailed and asked for some more pics to see what the rest of it looks like. We'll see if I get some.

I'm really struggling with the branded title thing, being so conditioned to reject branded titles but it really seems to matter little on these cars.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Always had a soft spot for maximas... my first 3 cars were all of the maxima persuasion...

If he would have left the body stock on this car or I'd be up in seattle right now saying BM-what?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1001079570.html

Hell I could even handle the hood scoop... in fact it looks pretty okay, but the line is drawn with z3 fenders and taillight mods... Even if you're purging nitrous through 'em there is no reason those fenders should be on anything but a Z3.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
yae i did not know how many bimmer owners there were on sm tell i bought me e46

withc i love funny thing thou it remind me of a supra really stright 6 soft door panles soft dash stuff you just don't find in new cars nowadays

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Keep looking, man! I wouldn't get a Maxima over an M3, though! :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Welcome to the club, man! You're going to love it!

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Little more detailage:

A little more of a project than I was originally shopping for but he took my offer for 3900 and the deal was done. Can't argue much at that price, especially when I see wrecked cars going for 4500 or more...

Exterior is pretty great but the interior is a train wreck, needs a headliner and some other odds and ends. the seats are not bad but very filthy due to color.

100% stock, not even a cone filter, clear corners, red-clear tails, or aftermarket deck.

It's Daytona Violet with Dove Grey vader seats and I'll take some photos a little later and post 'em up.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
spipedong;1238630 said:
Little more detailage:

A little more of a project than I was originally shopping for but he took my offer for 3900 and the deal was done. Can't argue much at that price, especially when I see wrecked cars going for 4500 or more...

Exterior is pretty great but the interior is a train wreck, needs a headliner and some other odds and ends. the seats are not bad but very filthy due to color.

100% stock, not even a cone filter, clear corners, red-clear tails, or aftermarket deck.

It's Daytona Violet with Dove Grey vader seats and I'll take some photos a little later and post 'em up.

welcome to the crew! lol

looks like you got a pretty rare M3, but yes dove gray is the hardest color to maintain. 3900!!! :aigo: good buy but needs pictures!

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Sorry for the obligatory "I took these in the work parking lot" pics... I'll do some waxing and cleaning this weekend and actually get some nice photos somewhere.

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
to bad your not local! my buddy has a fresh redone set of dove vaders with rears for 1100! MINT! looks good!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Looks like a great platform to start with! :) Congrats!

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
relax;1240979 said:
Sick Nasty! Thats awesome!!! Welcome to the family! You'll have a blast, any plans for it?

Plan 1 is fix all the stuff that's wrong with it... So far I have:
4 new tires to replace the bald ones
Replaced the broken stereo
ordered new foglights to replace the cracked ones
ordered some projectors to replace the shite headlights

Soon plans (in no particular order) are:
Fix driver's window regulator
Replace the alternator
Glue my door panels back together
Replace the Headliner
Figure out why the door speakers on the passenger side don't work
Replace worn tie rods
See about reupholstering the seats, although a set of 4 sounds good and BC isn't /that/ far away...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I also noticed that it's a '95. :) '95 is my favorite year for these cars, simply due to the fact that it's easier to modify them.