So you're saying thats a bad thing??

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I don't know what to say, just read
p886183_1.gif

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/455091-possible-blown-engine-need-urgent-help.html

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
st2b;886197 said:
(As I was reading through the first bit..) "What's the deal, he has rod knock..."

(As I got to the oil part :D) "WHAT THE HELL.. WHY?!"

I swear my eyes got as big as quarters..

HORRIBLE!!!

Haha I did the exact same. I didn't even notice what he said until I read the post after.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tranny oil instead of engine oil is only half the problem here. Who the hell equates oil idiot light with CEL and just ignores it? It would be fun to create an account somewhere and come up with something this stupid just to see if it ended up in OT here and every other car forum. I just don't want to ruin the name of Shytheed Dumas. :D

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I've talked with folks like that. They expect a car to be like a microwave or a television. Turn it on, it works. Nothing needed from the end user maintenance wise.

You'd be surprised how many people will drive a car until it just stops. Even if every red light on dash has been glowing for 3 days and it's smoking and making banging noises. They'll just push the gas pedal down harder to make it go. I've seen engines with the rings fused to the cylinder walls and the rods fused to the crank from a lack of oil.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Sad to say, now that I think about it there's a guy I work with whose daughter burned up two engines by running them out of oil. I guess there are people out there with IQ's lower than idiot lights. Makes me want to cry.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Supracentral;886293 said:
I've talked with folks like that. They expect a car to be like a microwave or a television. Turn it on, it works. Nothing needed from the end user maintenance wise.

You'd be surprised how many people will drive a car until it just stops. Even if every red light on dash has been glowing for 3 days and it's smoking and making banging noises. They'll just push the gas pedal down harder to make it go. I've seen engines with the rings fused to the cylinder walls and the rods fused to the crank from a lack of oil.

My father in law was like that. His idea of oil changes was adding when low. Only fixed things after they broke. No preventive maintainence.

thechori;886312 said:
Jeez. it upsets me when stupid people get to own and ruin such nice cars.. :[

http://www.myspace.com/kano07

check out his myspace, haha

Oh spew! That hurt my eyes.